Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

That big noise at the end of my truck??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77blazin, Oct 17, 2002.

1. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

I hate to be a wise ass, but whats the meaning of putting after-market mufflers on the end of our trucks.
    Yeah! that LOUD throaty sound makes my truck sound big and busty, but did we ever think about our Neighbors and the people that work next door., "Hey! that damn thing sounds so F***in loud, don't they ever think about our hearing??"
    I got neighbors here and my next door neighbor is just a kid and basically has those cat-backs that makes those real loud noises when they rev it so high, I don't know how people can stand that noise, this is not a race track, this is our home, and if you want to put those after-market muffys on your vehicle, hey I might as well cut my mufflers off and joined the club, cause it sounds just the same!
    $hit!, When are they going to ban these things??!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    Michael W. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Ummmmmm....OK

BTW I love my Flowmasters!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I have to agree with you here.
    I am trying to find exactly the opposite of everyone here, a good free flowing muffler that doesn't blow my ear off.
    I like the sound of that little rumble at idle when I go to the tracks, and I don't mind hearing the big thunder when they crack the throttle wide open ON THE RACE TRACK, but on the street and in neighbourhoods it's not acceptable.
    I know that they have passed a law here in CA and they are going to have stations for Decibell testing and you will find that sounds are going to tone down when tickets start to fly.
    I am not a tight ass, just a resonable guy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i had the headders and the dual exhaust for a while, and after about 8 months of not being able to hear the stereo and a serien once, i put the stock stuff back on. I have to tell you i DO NOT miss the sound at all. i would like to get a performance exhaust but i am still looking for good exhaust that isnt loud.

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Were you pulled over for a loud noise and didn't hear it?
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Uh huh.......The sound of a stout V-8 with a nice set of duals gives me a chubby /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

John

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My wifes Daily driver K5 has 40 series Flowmasters on them. She like scarying ricers with them. They are not super loud till you get about 2500rpm.

8. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Yeah, I've noticed that some of these mufflers we buy after-market are not so bad for our blazers, don't get me wrong, low tone sounds are fine, but those high pitch screamers that buzzes away...man I'm about to get a hacksaw and just cut away at mine, and just prove to these youngsters how deafening it is.
    There is no law here for loud mufflers, only loud stereos.
    This is just the beginning.
    Michael W. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif