Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

That dang gear ratio deal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by EDdaTREE, Oct 19, 2000.

1. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Can't remember for sure and need to know before I hit the boneyard on the way to work tomorrow...does anyone remember? Is it -Turn the tire or drum 2 revolutions and if you get 3 and 3/4's revs. on the yoke... then the ratio is 3.73 and 2 turns and 3 on yoke is 3.07's or what? Need to slap in a different rear by this weekend to do the pre-run for our annual HUGE 4-wheelin' bash which is next weekend. BTW anybody within a reasonable distance of N.E. Ohio is MORE than welcome...should be about 50 trucks and equal number of quads this year, plus camping,carousing,e.t.c...will post details shortly.

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

If you got time take the cover off the diff and count the ring and pinion. Divide the ring by the pinion, this will give u the ratio. You can also get a good look at the teeth while your at it, to make sure gears r ok.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

3. EMMETOLOGY 101 lives close to Akron,he might want to go.I would pull the cover off before I bought a used diff out of a salvage yard.
    Good luck

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I've been talking to Mike and he probably won't be able to bring Emmett, but he might make it there, anyways.

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Hey Ed,

My buddy has that 3.73 R&P sitting at home, you need it?

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com