Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

That is it for me. No more TTC.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gokartergo, Jun 7, 2001.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Since the pics were taken AND POSTED ELSEWHERE. I decided not to go back out there again. Nobody that is in the TTC new I was going out there to take pics. And I do not want to get anybody in trouble. Or mess with there chances to win. So I am staying home the rest of the week and waiting for the police to show up. Thatk30guy your D60 is safe with you....LOL Dan

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

F' em! Go take the pictures and post AFTER the event.....
    And we have enough Tx members to find that weanie.
    Maybe delete your online pics after we see them?
    (maybe it is good you were not given credit...?)Sounds like you are not breaking any laws to me.

On the D60 - phew! Wes is selling one to me and I don't know if he had 2.....

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Re: That is it for me. No more TTC. *DELETED*

Post deleted by Twiztid

4. 2Dogs

I missed it - was it good?

5. gokartergo

What do you mean. And I now who did the pictures. He emailed me and asked if I could take pics. of the white toyota. He said he was just cruzing threw CK5. I have his email address. If there is a way Steve could find out who he is from his email address that would be good to.

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey guy, like lots of folks I enjoyed the pictures. But why are you getting so bent out of shape about others enjoying them as well? Personally, I pull pics off the web all the time and send them to friends, post pics from over here on pirate and vise versa. It's all about fun to me, but if I see any with copyrights on them, I stay away. So what's your deal? So what if someone posted them on the Pirate board. I put a link up over there to this site for them. Does that make me a sinner? I believe that makes me a sharer of information instead. We're all in this for the sport of four wheeling. I'll never understand why people bash each other in our own community. Don't we have to take enough crap from Sierra Clubbers and the government?

Now if the guy was pulling your pics, saying they're his, and then posting them that's childish. But it doesn't mean you have to be childish as well. Everyone that knows you and knows ck5, sees what's up and they know the real score. So if the others want to be kids, screw them. And as far as the legal issues go, I dont think you'd be in serious trouble. Tresspassing at the worst, but I think they have to catch you in the act and all they've got is a few pictures. Do what you want, I just wanted you to know what my take on this is.

Bryan

<font color=red>Sherman, Tx
    "I'd Rather Be a Fencepost in Texas than the King of Tennessee" -Chris Hall
    TEXAS COUNTRY PRIDE
    </font color=red>

7. gokartergo

I was going in there and talking with these guys. I don't want to get anybody in trouble. Me I'm fine there is nothing I did that was illega. Other then a little tresspassing......Dan

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I see what you're saying... You dont mind taking the pics and even posting them places, you are worried that you may be taking pics of someone and then that competitor may get disqualified for co-horting(sp?) with a trespasser....

I am sad to hear that there will be no more pics, but I understand your situation....

Thanks for the other ones though!!!!! :)

BTW, did you get any pics of Stephan or Scott @Rockstomper in action????

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

huh? What's going on?

<font color=red>I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget. </font color=red>

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

We all know who is going to win anyway...We'll just have to wait till Steve is in a magazine[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Dan, why don't you continue but don't post the pics until the competition is done? PLEEEEESE?????[​IMG]

Ya got me all hooked on daily coverage and now I'm dying of curiosity!

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm with muddin'; What the heck is goin' on??

Ratch
    **<A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5.8m.com>http://k5.8m.com</A> What more is there to life?**

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hey Dan, go back out and take some more pics. Just wait a little longer to post them. At least you will have the PROOF of what is going on and who won!!! [​IMG]

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

14. gokartergo

The pictures were taken and put on another board. I didn't think ahead enough at the time to think that was going to happen. That was my mistake. I have been TO Hollisterhills a couple of times and talked with a few of the guys. I don't want to get any of the TTC people in trouble or mess with there chances to win. None of those people new I was going out to the airport to take the pics. There is a chance I might go out there tonight to talk with a couple people. But I think I will leave the camera at home. .... Dan

15. TexasCruiser

TexasCruiser Registered Member

OK everyone, the jackass that ruined TTC for everyone is me. I take full responsibility. Yes I did post the pics to another board. I am sorry if I had made you mad, gokartergo, or if I have risked anyone TTC chances by my post. I have been at work all day, and did not know what was happening here and on the other board, nor did I recieve your email until just a few minutes ago. I never tried to claim the pics as my own, and I thought that because you posted the pics on a public forum, I could share them with others who like myself are very interested in any information about the competition. I did not think that anyone's chances at winning the TTC were in danger because of the pics because others have posted pics before and nothing had happened. Gokartergo, please email me so we can resolve this problem. Once again I am sorry for the trouble I have caused.

16. gokartergo

I emailed you and apology accepted.....Dan

17. 2Dogs

Thanks for being a stand-up type of person.

Dave

"Visualize Whirled Peas"

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

TC, I applaud you for your efforts. What you are doing now is making me respect you more as a person. Not too many people can do what you just did. Good job. [​IMG]

BTW, could you fill out your profile so we can "learn" about you? Out of curiousity, we are just wondering about where you are from and your 4 wheeling back ground. What vehicle/vehicles you own, drive and play with. What is your primary interests, etc.

BTW, again, welcome to the best site in the world!!! We are ranked #1 on the voting polls!!! [​IMG]

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

19. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Yes, very respectable TexasCruiser, you did the right thing to own up and apologize. You just gained everyones respect, welcome to CK5

New '90 K5 sitting in my driveway !!!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tori89k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.tori89k5.coloradok5.com</A>

20. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Now if the rest of the world could take some hints from us CK5's, & other 4x4/offroaders, we could have world peace, eh? Makes my heart feel good to know that you guys have the ability to settle your problems in a peaceful and gentlemanly manner. Proud of both you men, class act TC, you've gained my respect, and Dan, you represent CK5 well, you are a first class act yourself.

87 K5, D60 & 14FF, 5 sp & NP208 & 383 stroker. Build it Bulletproof and take it fishing!