Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

That stupid bolt between the suspension springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77blazin, Sep 23, 2006.

1. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Got a question for you all?, my 78 got hit by a new Tacoma just recently, kinda like a head on collision, but just swiped my passenger side of the truck, he grazed my fender but slammed into my brand new 35" tire sending the whole steering into the right also sliding the front axle that the leaf springs were perched on a 1 1/2" back from its original positon, I just picked up a new axle, but ran into a problem with the springs, theres a bolt that aligns the springs in the middle, where can I find a pair of these new?, the springs are believed to be a 4 or 6" lift but I'm not sure, if need a picture of the 78, I'll put one on.
    Mike

2. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

You should be able to pick them up at any auto parts store, I bought some at my local NAPA store this summer. Just measure the length you need, you can always cut it down if need be. They are called leaf spring center pins.

3. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Thanks Broc944, I'll check on it Monday.
    Mike

4. 1BEATK5

1BEATK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

another option is a grade 8 allen head bolt. 3" usually works good and you can put the wrench in it so it won't spin.