Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

?!?That Time of the Month?!?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Mar 16, 2005.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

:eek: Back in the old days, before we were married, 'That Time' of the month was a little more bearable. For the most part she was still worried about keeping me, so she did her best to remain civilized to me, but mostly kept away. Of course, I was willing to withstand a certain amount of insanity because, after all, fair is fair and I'm sure there are times when I'm hard to live with.

:eek: Once we were married, she was a lot less afraid of losing me, so she let her wrath out on me more often than not. But if things got bad, I could always just leave and go to a movie or go out with the guys and let her club baby seals or bury puppies alive or whatever women do when they're alone during 'That Time' of the month.

:eek: But now that we have kids, I can't abandon them and leave them with her, as she is just as irrational with them as she is with me, only they can't stand up for themselves because, of course, psychomom is NEVER wrong! So now the children and I are doomed to live out this week every month with little hope of sanity breaking into our lives. And of course we're not allowed to go out without her because 'We're being ridiculous and there's no reason she can't come along'... And I can't talk her into going shopping or to a movie by herself to give us a little breather either, because of course, there's nothing wrong with HER, it's just 'us' that are being unreasonable.

Oh Dear God Help Me! :doah:

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I see you are not questioning this behavior or seeking answers for this situation. You are indeed a wise man!! :grin:

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

The sky is blue, water is wet, and women are crazy.

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain brother:grin:

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hell dude mine is like that everyday, all day except when she's asleep..ssshhh don't wake mommy. :xmas:

6. Kim Can

Kim Can 1/2 ton status

Oh Dear.... I can totally understand. I can't offer much advice, but perhaps a little insight. "That time of the month" is like another person living inside you. It seems reasonable to anyone not experiencing it that it should be something a person can control, but it's like this evil being that creeps out and the person who is 'possessed' by it doesn't know it and can't control it!

I know I've yelled at my kids and realized it was totally not anything they did, and of course I feel bad. It's hell and most times I wish I could just take something for it to go away.
    It's too bad she doesn't want to go out on her own, because I know that really helps me - even if it's to Safeway alone. Try not to accuse her of being bitchy (It doesn't sound like you have). Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

7. stallion85

PROZAC:grin:

8. Kim Can

Kim Can 1/2 ton status

Prozac? Nice try - if it would work I would take it. How about Red Wine?

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

just wait til menopause. you think she's crazy now. :eek:

10. stallion85

Red wine? For the husband to help dull the pain?:grin:

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Nah, I use vodka for that.:rotfl:

To be honest, Kim isn't that bad when she's O.T.R. Most times I can just say "Hey, Kim, cheer up" and she'll realize that she's a bit grumpy and it's affecting those around her........

12. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Ever seen the bumper sticker that says "I have PMS and a gun, any questions?" Maybe you could hide a tape recorder somewhere when she is being unreasonable, and only when she is back to normal, play it for her. Maybe then she will understand, but DO NOT CRITICIZE!!!

13. stallion85

My wife gets pretty loopy sometimes, it usually starts with her yelling and screaming at me and the kids, then a reality check, and finally she breaks down cries, then apologizes. It's a vicous cycle, sometimes I get really scared......:grin:

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Heck, I've got 14 different personalities and none of them are as bad as a woman during "that time of the month."

:doah:

15. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Wel, I guess I've got it good. My women only gets 'that time of the month' 4 times a year.

Now I know you're asking "What? How can I get this great deal, Nick the Great and Almighty?!" ..Okay, maybe not those exact words, but I'm sure you're asking.

She's on the Birth Control Patch, Ortho-Evra I think it's called. So, there's no need to worry about having kids until I'm ready and she only goes nuts about once every 3 months.

I just know that I thank the person who invented this B.C. Patch everday of my life!

16. Kim Can

Kim Can 1/2 ton status

Or I get that look like "Oh my God, are you a psycho bitch or what?" :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  17. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Know why they call it "PMS" ???

'cause "MAD COW DISEASE" was allready taken,,

Oh sh*t,,,I've done it now,,,,,

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Guess I'm lucky in a way, mine's not too bad actually, a little cranky and sensitive, but OK overall.

But again (and cheers to KimCan) she is totally delusional during the "episode", no clue that it's her crankiness, just that I'm being an insensitive prick, or the dogs are extra stupid. But after a few days it's "wow, I was kinda being a bitch, huh?" (the proper response by the way is "no, no, honey not at all, I was being hard headed")

19. stallion85

Now you've done it:haha:

20. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

On a more serious note, many women are peri-menapausal and don't know it. Solves pretty well with correct dosage of progesterone cream (not estrogen). MAybe you can get one of her girlfriends to broach the subject - she'll just kill you if you bring it up. Just make sure the friend isn't having her time of the month when you mention it...:haha: Failing that, spending most of your waking hours saying, "Yes Dear. I'm sorry. You're right" may be of some help.:D