Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

that was a loooooooooong night... we built a truck over night

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Aug 8, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

well K5redneck has my chassis and frame now, so after towing it over to out friend Joe's the caos started...

Last night we started at about 7 with loading up the engin puller, drive 25 minutes and realize we for got the tools /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

So we finally get started..first undid everything and pulled the motor from the 83, then pushed the 75 chassis up to it, installed the motor..

Then removed the dana 60 off the 75, and pulled the d-44 from the 83 and installed it and the springs in the 75. The pulled the rear axel from the 75 and from the 83 then installed the 83 14 bolt into the 75..Also removed the sway bar and trimmed the u-bolts.. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

The about 2 am we decide to keep going.. So we pulled my steering box, shaft and lines and steering colum out of the 75. The pulled his crap out, then installed it all.

The we ran the front steel braded break lines and pulled the brake booster, and MC from the 83 and from the 75 and reinstalled it on the 75 cab..

Next was swapping in the wiring harness and mounting up the hoses and throttle linkage and pedels, and wired the colum and engin up. Then installed the battery and battery cables and engin ground wire....even wired up the winshild wipers /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

all thats left is installing the tranny and t-case on tuesday night when we pick it up, then do a quick hacking on some drive shafts and go wheeling after mounting the 38's..

all this and then had to load up the 1 tons with tires and rims on, plus 4 leaf packs, two tool boxes, all steering and break parts, a high lift, race seat and a engin picker into the truck then drive home and unload the axels..we finished a 9:30 am... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

looooong night but alot done /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. supersize75k5

[​IMG]

yawn..times for a nap /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Note to everybody , in several months that 83 .................will live again /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

why did you swap the 60 out?? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    you wanna sell it??? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Now that is some determination /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Sounds like you guys work fast. Glad to here it's coming along well.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

you worked right through the night? craazy! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

not an uncommon occurance for those of us who are dedicated enough. about a month ago i pulled an all nighter with a friend of mine. we started with literally a pile of parts (engine torn apart, trans and clutch torn apart, cooling, exhaust) at 7pm Friday, and by 3pm Saturday she was racing it.

8. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    why did you swap the 60 out??
    you wanna sell it???

[/ QUOTE ]

The 75's drivetrain will be in a another Shawn project , which will be towed to the trail by another Shawn project . So Dave had to use the 83's drivetrain to make the 75 good for him . I am going to surprise everyone later with the 83 sporting half ton stuff ( since I have a boatload of spares and wheel soft ) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    why did you swap the 60 out?? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    you wanna sell it??? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no can do, I have a long road ahead for a project on my hands and I will need them, should be a good while before I wheel though. Unless I take out the 86, but that is a dd, not a wheeling rig.

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Take out the 86 and just be nice to her. Wimpy is my work truck and our wheelin toy. Maybe even a locker in three weeks or so.

11. pauly383

That 86 looked good Tan and White /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Oh and Allan , if you get a locker , Ol wimpy will be Superman /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    Take out the 86 and just be nice to her. Wimpy is my work truck and our wheelin toy. Maybe even a locker in three weeks or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, sounds like a bad idea, lockers may temp me though, I want to keep it nice and in great condition as well as running good so if I want to get rid of it it does not need work.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Get a locker, sounds fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. supersize75k5

paul, david will be ready to go real soon, he realy needs to go wheeling..it calms him down and makes him peaceful..

our friend joe woke up and could not beleave the truck when he saw it..bunch or redbull crazies..
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif