Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

That's a big nest...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, May 28, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That\'s a big nest...

Ran acoss this doing a little research:

Big Ol' mound

Thought I saw a termite in my house, so I went looking up pics of termites...

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Re: That\'s a big nest...

Wow thats huge! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah.I know theres alot of those.....in the Arctic Circle /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifHows the plumbin hummin man? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I just want to know what that guy is looking at /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Didn't quite pick that up the first time around....

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Didn't quite pick that up the first time around....

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

No Doubt he's looking at a big ole mound, Auzzie women are HOT!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hows the plumbin hummin man?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on hold til I get a builder friend in to check out the joists. I don't wanna build out the whole thing, then have all my floor tiles crack after the first shower...

But...I meant to ask you...I'm thinking of ripping out the 90 degree cast iron water closet bend pipe and replacing it with pvc from the soil stack to the water closet, with the lav and shower drains feeding it along the way. The pipe I mean is still partially under floor cement in the pic below, in front of the new copper:
    [​IMG]

What do you recommend? Leave it alone or replace it with PVC? That cast iron has to be 80 years old, and I dunno if it'll pass the product that a new wimpy lil' 1.6 gpf toilet will send it's way...

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

LEAVE THAT ALONE!!!!dont touch it man,if it wasnt leaking before,and it looks not rusted out,leave it.When your through with the floor,just get a repair flange(cast iron ) to throw on that bad boy.Set your flange flush or 1/4 in from the finish floor,no higher.Also measure from the closet bolt holes,to the finish wall to determine if its a 10 or 12 inch rough.This will allow you to choose the corect WC,( there are 10 and 12 inch rough toilets).........the OLDER toilets,actually pump out more like 3 gallons ,wich is more water,so the newer 1.6 should be fine.Make sure to get the kohler elongated,this is a good one.Im sure the colset bend(wich is the pipe your reffering to) would work fine if it wasnt leaking before and looks ok,test it first mabey,check it,just use your best judgement.I see you managed to run your copper in there.good job!!!! I would hate to see you open the can of worms,so i wouldnt touch the bend. (no warrantees,guarantees impleid,this is just free advise from a freind,and i am not responsible for the out come of finished product)have to say that /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.Next time pm me .I will be more than happy to help,jacob /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif