Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

That's it. I'm moving to Mexico.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Apr 28, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mexico ready to give drug addicts a break

Last Updated Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:18:10 EDT

Mexico is set to legalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine and heroin.
    The Senate approved a bill setting out the new rules in a 53-26 vote with one abstention. President Vicente Fox still needs to sign the bill into law, but he is expected to do so.
    Proponents of the bill say it's meant to free up resources to battle major drug dealers. Hundreds of people, including police officers, have been killed in a continuing drug war between authorities and competing drug cartels.
    "The presidency congratulates the Congress for approving the reforms," presidential spokesman Ruben Aguilar said. "This law gives police and prosecutors better legal tools to combat drug crimes that do so much damage to our youth and children."
    The will also decriminalize the possession of small quantities of other drugs, including amphetamines, LSD and hallucinogenic mushrooms.
    "No charges will be brought against ... addicts or consumers who are found in possession of any narcotic for personal use," the bill reads. However, those caught with larger amounts of narcotics will be treated as drug dealers and face increased jail terms.

Story here.

2. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I think the immigration problem is about to take a dramitic change. :D

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Wow. I guess all that means for Americans is that you don't need to have that extra $50 in your wallet anymore for "fines" :rolleyes: should something come up. What are all those cops gonna do for extra cash now?

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Charge an entry fee to CU students?

5. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

maybe they will all migrate back down there

:P

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I know alot of y'all will get upset over this, but I think part of it is a good idea. Now before you fire up the flame thrower, hear me out. Our prison systems here in the US is busting at the seams. There are alot of dope users in there for nothing more then being caught with alittle dope. I'm not saying it can be used for a excuse by the thieven bastards, Fark them, they need too be hung !!!!!! But the guys that gets caught with a small amount of dope, and no other charges, shouldn't be sent to prison in my personal opinion. That would free up alot of bed space in our jails and prisons, you wouldn't have too pay more taxes too build more jails and prisons. Well, that's my personal opinion anyways.

7. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Personally, I think community service should be pushed a LOT harder. Long hours, and work getting done, on top of it.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Just shot them and send the family a bill for the cost of the bullet:D

9. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just something else for illegals mexicans to demand in the future.

10. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Maybe we could trade one for one, Hippies for Manuels (you've heard of Manuel Labor?).