Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thats whats been getting into my garbage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dwoods, Jul 25, 2005.

1. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My garbage was got into a few times the past couple of months thought it was just a cat or racoon. But last night my brother and I were building the roof on my garage and a bear walked out of the woods.

bear.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  2. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Would make a nice rug.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2 weeks ago I drove up 22 and there was a cub dead in the lane I was traveling in. Couldn't tell what happened, it wasn't splattered but it was dead and had a bald patch with a bloody little wound on its head. Looked liek it was lightly hit and somoene put it down with a shot to the head. Bears don't seem in short supply around here.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

There here too...

My sisters hometown of Lunenburg MA had a bear wandering aroound there at night--they finally shot it with a tranquilizer dart when they saw it raiding a bird feeder!..and moved it to a rural VT spot better suited for it..

A few years ago,I went behind my shop to take a leak in the woods--I saw a HUGE black or dark brown animal run off into the woods! :eek1: gave me a heart attack!--it sounded like a deer,only much bigger---and I heard some loud noises a few nights before as well...

Then I read in our local paper a MOOSE was killed 1-1/2 miles from my house,right near a busy highway!--they had NEVER seen one this far south before!--I felt bad that it got hit by a car and was killed--I'm betting thats what I saw in my backyard that night.. :crazy:

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You are going to need a bigger gun... :D

7. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah a bear rug would be nice and if I can get that 10 point buck that killed my cherry tree. They would make nice furnishings