Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The 1st 2 Amigos are SLACKERS

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, Apr 24, 2005.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Just Kidding ;) Had a great time today- Marv and Rob you guys missed it all :p:

Since this was Harley's last run here in AZ, I won't steal his thunder, I'll let him give the trail/ carnage report...

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Today was a good day. Got to run 2 trails I had on my list and watch Big Dog Fred play on Annihilator. We got a good start and ran Upper Terminator first. Pretty damn good trail. The big waterfall is a cool obsticle. Played around in there for a couple hours and moved on to Predator. That trail is sweet. Short and to the point. Good obsticles and it will kick your ass. It kicked mine. We got outta Predator around 1:30 with no major problems and Fred got to reattempt Annihilator.

Carnage was moderate to heavy. Nothing major just alot of minor stuff that added up. Before we even got onto Upper Terminator Matt developed a nice sidewall leak in an MTR. Matt plugged the MTR and we moved on. Then I got hosed up hard in the first obsticle and had to be drug out sideways. We made good time threw the lower section of the trail until the big waterfall. I made it to the top and as I was jockeying to get out I destroyed the sidewall on one of my MTR's :crazy: . Drove out on the rim to a flat spot and changed it. No biggy. We made the rest of Upper Term just fine.

We got to Predator and started to play in there. We all made the first 2 obsticles just fine. I almost dumped it on its roof on the dropoff on the second obsticle though. Got threw there and was lining up on the 3rd obsticle and I blew out the upper seal on my sector shaft. :mad: So I got the joy of finishing Predator with no power steering at all. That freakin sucked. We got threw to the last obsticle and with the lack of power steering I didn't get the line I wanted. So I ended up getting strapped from Fred threw a V notch and as I came threw I fell off on the drivers side and wasted my drivers quarterpanel. :blush:

Then was the best part of the whole day. Watching Fred assault the 1st waterfall on Annihilator. He got way up in there and was doing very well. I think he was about to make it until his front driveshaft pulled apart. This ended the attempt at revenge of Annihilator for Fred. Matt had to winch him out of the falls backward and we left. On the way out of the trail Matt's plugged MTR wouldn't hold air so we stopped and changed tires. Its all good. The days over and we are on our way home WRONG. About 1/2 mile down the road ANOTHER one of Matt's MTR's developes a good leak. We get back to the parking lot and we can't get it patched. So me and Matt are SOL. Neither of us has another spare tire. Had to call in the rescue crew to bring Matt his other spare tire from his house to get him home.

It was a long day but a damn good day. Missed #1 and #2 for sure. Wish you guys could have made it. Thanks Fred for trail leading and playing resident Big Dog. A big thanks to Matt's Dad for bring him up a spare tire so he could get home.

It time for a shower and a nap. Later

Harley

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Fun day, decent weather. The rain made it a little slimey in the moring and real packed and rutted on the way out. The river was about 12" deep when we got there and over 2 ft deep when we left (and another 10 feet wider). Good day other than the f'n MTR's (Harley and I feel slicing only 3 in the last year isn't that bad, but doing all three for the year in one day sucked). Oh well. It was kinda cool to drive my junk at 35 mph for a solid mile having no air in the tire and without loosing a bead (including turning).

Props to harley for finishing without power steering :waytogo:

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I'm taking forever , but it wil be worth it when I get to play on stuff like thta with you guys .

I wanna see the pics :D

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

:bow: :bow:

Wish I coulda made it.... but that's the way it goes!..

Glad you guys had a good time.

Marv

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

One of my co-workers is there in AZ vacationing, and she saw you guys on the trail. :)

Thought that was kinda cool.

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Sounds like a blast, wish I could have been there too. I want another chance at Annihilator too! :D But alas, too much going on in "life" and not enough energy to make progress like I used to. <sigh>

Also saw your post on the vandalism. :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: Time for some vigilante smack down.

Anyway, take care Harley and drop by anytime when you're in town. Good luck with the new digs!

8. globaljames

globaljames Registered Member

Side wall damage repair

Just a question- What are you guys using to fix the side wall punctures ? I have one of those plug kits that i have used with great sucess.... never tried it on a sidewall James

9. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

We were just using standard tire plugs. They just wouldn't grab enough to hold in place the cuts were pretty good size. The cut in my 35" was totally unrepairable. There was at least a 4" gash all the way threw the sidewall.

Baddog. Thanks, will do.

MrK5. Did she actually see us on the trail or just going to and from it? There were some quad riders watching us at the beginning of Predator.

Harley

10. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'm not sure where she saw you guys. She left a message on my answering machine, but I didn't listen to it my wife did. The impression I got was that you were on the trail. It's possible they were on the quads. I'll have to find out when she gets back.

I had told before she left that I knew a few guys down there from CK5. She was probably on the lookout for the windshield banners like mine. :D