Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The 2008 mess begins already

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Feb 1, 2007.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

What a fuggin moron this guy is, but he's a liberal so no media outlets would dare call this stuff racist (imagine if a Republican said this stuff!)

Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware yesterday made it official that he will seek the Democratic presidential nomination, but stumbled out of the gate with a memorable gaffe that became the focus of his day.
    In a critique of the Democratic field, he said of Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," he told the New York Observer, a weekly. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

and the backpedalling begins:

Taking the remark as a slur against Mr. Obama or other black men who have sought the presidency is taking it "totally out of context," Mr. Biden told reporters after the remark was posted on the Drudge Report, a popular Internet site. He said he called Mr. Obama to explain the context. He issued a formal statement saying he deeply regretted if anyone was offended.
    "He understood exactly what I meant, and I have no doubt that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and every other black leader will know exactly what I meant," Mr. Biden said.

“Look, what I was attempting to be, but not very artfully, is complimentary. This is an incredible guy. This is a phenomenon.”

Wednesday, Biden said: “Look, the other part of this thing that got me in trouble is using the word clean. I should have said fresh. What I meant was that he's got new ideas, he's a new guy on the block ... “

Mr. Biden yesterday lavished Mr. Obama with compliments, calling him a "superstar," the "most exciting candidate" from either party in decades and giving what sounded like several reasons why he thinks the Illinois senator should be the next president.
    "He's fresh, he's new, he's smart, he's insightful," he said. "This guy has touched the nerve and the imagination of the people of this country." He later offered another amendment of remarks. "This is a very special guy. This is like catching lightning in a jar. That was the point of everything I was saying. I think he's great. I think they are all great. I think I'm better."

and of course the obligatory crap out of Jackson and Sharpton:

Mr. Jackson described Mr. Biden’s remarks to the Observer, which also included critical statements about the Iraq positions of two of his Democratic opponents — SenatorHillary Rodham Clinton of New York and former Senator John Edwards of North Carolina — as “blabbering bluster.”

Mr. Sharpton said that when Mr. Biden called him to apologize, Mr. Sharpton started off the conversation reassuring Mr. Biden about his hygienic practices. “I told him I take a bath every day,” Mr. Sharpton said.

It's gonna be interesting folks.

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Typical Pinko, liberal, leftist, anti-American, commie B.S. :mad: :mad: !!

The bigoted Democrats get away with this sh*t all the F'ing time :mad: !

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Biden sucks, end of story...

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Yep, his presidential bid unraveled 20 years ago after he plagerized the speech of a British politician. What a man of integrity.......:rolleyes:

5. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

He was on the daily show yesterday or atleast an episode I saw yesterday... Jon Stuart picked on him for the comment, Biden said he should have used the word "fresh" instead of clean... he screwed up and he knows it, Jon edited the statement for him with some punctuation and made it sound better, it was kinda funny. The audience's reaction to the statement was good also.

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Of course he did, that's what Stewart does, make excuses for liberal politicians and make light of their foibles and attack and demean any conservative politicians. I used to love the Daily Show, but it's gone way down hill comedy wise and turned into a liberal pop culture propaganda machine.

7. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I wish I could say I was shocked biden got a way with this.. One thing I've learned is that a liberal can say or do anything, and he's protected and / or celebrated by the media..

But let a conservative say or do anything, look out..

Even worse, I heard some audio from a few years ago where hillary was telling the feminist organization "code pink" that she couldn't agree with their anti war stance, saying that "her own research, experience from her husbands dealings with iraq, and in her depth knowledge of the mid east" led her to vote for the war..

Now she runs around and cries about how much she was led astray..

Which is it, for gods sake? is she the smartest woman in the world? or is she easily led around by powerful men?

So far, the democrats are fielding nothing but hacks.. again..

9. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Meh...apparently every Democrat forgot...this is the same party that was helping George Wallace

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
    I almost worked for Al Sharpton 5 years ago. I wish I had now just for the experience. But I had no idea he was so clean! :haha: :haha:

I TOTALLY agree. I used to love the Daily Show, but haven't watched it in maybe 2 years because of that. Saturday Night Live is has been going the same way. I think they need to get being funny right before they get into political commentary... Ever since Will Ferrel stopped doing the GWB impression, SNL has sucked, but they still play the political cards as if they still have the humor/nuetrality to cover it.

I'd like to ask Biden what's so new and exciting about Obama. His ideas on Iraq are not terribly unique and don't sound like a winning strategy as much as a cut and run in a pretty wrapper. He proposes conditions that, if they fail, will either make Iraq a nuclear bomb waiting to detonate, or force us to send another bazillion troops in to restabilize it later.
    Obama has charisma, that's the only thing new and exciting about him. He's still a politician under it all.

Biden, on the other hand, is taking one for the team... He's just filling the traditional "We gotta cut someone from the ballot" role. He probably just doesn't realize it. :haha:
    He should get up and start talking about how John Ashcroft put his son in harms way...in his military law school...