Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The 24 Hour Gym sucks now...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So I go to the gym after a hard day at work, where I moved 56 pieces of luggage across the hotel in the 83 degree sun... I don't think I've sweat more at any one time in my entire life... Looking forward to running a mile and a half and all that...

I walk into the gym and I swear it must've been 70 degrees in there at least... Usually it's really cool in there, but the last couple nights it's been unbearable... I didn't even run on Monday night because it was so damn hot... But tonight I got a mile in, and holy crap, I thought I was going to die... But my mile is under 8 minutes now... I've got the speed down, now I just need to be able to do 2 miles in 16 and a half minutes, and I have 2 months from an hour ago to get there /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I can't run at all, that's why I have so many weapons

Good luck witht he training !

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah... my physical therapist wants me to be running 3 miles at a time by the time I leave... I'm gonna shoot for that, but I don't know... I've cut a minute off my mile time in the last 3 weeks, so I may be able to...

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

he had me running backwards for the last three weeks too...

So I'd do half a mile backwards and half forward... Running 2/10 of a mile backwards feels a lot like doing a mile forwards, and wears you out like a mother [darn]...

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    in the 83 degree sun.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    I swear it must've been 70 degrees in there

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Crap! Did ya wear a jacket? I try to run in the morning since it's cooler, only 85, but yesterday I decided to run in the middle of the day. Luckily it was only 95... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I didn't even run on Monday night because it was so damn hot

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    I swear it must've been 70 degrees in there

[/ QUOTE ]

I came to Phoenix from Dallas Texas a year and a half ago. Enjoy the winter weather your having up there. Here in the Valley Of The Sun, you can't even touch the steering wheel when you get into your truck, cause it's too hot too touch. I wish it was 70 degrees right now. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif whew!! I think I'm in Hades!!

105 for the high today

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

What're ya telling me for? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif