Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The $265 Bud Light

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

What a night last night was. It was my first Saturday since I got out of school. We were in contigency because of an incident that occured last week and I told the boss that I would stay out in the county and let everyone play around town because of the BS.

I went in at 4, messed around for awhile, couldn't find anything worth looking at, so I went to the office for the shift briefing. We usually don't have briefings, but because of what was going on, we had one. After we were done, I came home and grabbed a quick bite to eat, then it was time to go play until 2am.

I went to one of the neighboring towns to check out a house, then shoot the breeze with the local cop; then filled up the warhorse. I continued making my rounds, but because of what we had cooking, I could only make one round of the county, then I was supposed to preposition myself about 10 minutes away from the county seat.

I rolled around for awhile, shoot the breeze with another local, then started making my way to where I was going to hang out for the rest of the evening. It wasn't too long afterwards that the first cop I talked to made a traffic stop. It's always nice to know exactly when your wife gets stopped. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Well, maybe 30 minutes later, this same cop gets a report of a DUI driver so I hit the lights and start going that way. Since he is city, he had to get permission to chase this guy down since it was county and since I was available, I went to back him up. I end up running about 20 miles at 100+ when he calls in. Driver wasn't DUI. So I continue that way since I wanted to know how fast the wife was going and I needed a cool beverage.

We're shooting the breeze outside the convenience store when a Yukon goes by, sees us and slams on the brakes. Ding, ding; let's go see what these people are up to.

I get behind the Yukon and go all of about a mile before I light them up. Doing 50 in a 65 is always something to be suspicious of. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The Yukon pulls over and I hit my spotlights and I see nothing but cowboy hats formed only like someone from south of the border would form them. So I call the local guy (he speaks Spanish) and I contact the driver.

The driver had very little on, but I didn't notice since I am always a professional. She didn't have a clue how fast she was going and the four guys in the Yukon definately had been indulging in the adult beverages.

The local shows up and we pull everyone out and take a look and we find one partially empty Bud Light can. The other cop checks the female out, but she's okay to drive.

Now like you, I like my beer. I like the expensive stuff, but after I showed the owner of the Bud Light the price for this can, all of a sudden, he didn't feel like paying $265 the State of Oklahoma mandates for this offense. After a quick explanation of the alternatives, he quickly reassumed possession of the can and that was that. Well just maybe............

I start heading back to the county seat, I need gas again. Now it may sound like that we fill up a lot. I like to keep the tank at least half full cause if a hot call comes in from the other side of the county, that's how much gas I need to get there.

I get into town and then I hear a call on OHP's channel. Report of a DUI on a highway 10 miles from town. Since I'm only about 2 miles away from the highway, I head that way. I hit the highway and judging by the time of the call, I figure the first vehicle that matches the description reported, I'd jump on it. Of course all I got was a P/U.

I jump on the first one I see and began to follow him. We go about half a mile and this guy is good. Then another deputy calls in, siren going. He's behind a DUI on the same highway. He nabbed him. So I hit the lights, and get down there and by the time I hit the highway 20 seconds later, they are stopped.

There was no testing this guy, he was good. So the deputy hooks him up and I handle the vehicle. After the tow truck takes the P/U, I take off to the office to drop off the paperwork and head to the gas tank finally.

After I gas up, I slink around town for awhile looking for anything. I find a Firebird where it shouldn't have been, so I start following it and it's acting like it wants to lose me, then darts into an apartment complex. By the time I get the tag run and back (it was expired) I've lost the Firebird. Oh well.

It's about time to start heading to the house and I decide I would set up on my speed trap (it is, got to be honest about it /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif), but after about ten minutes with no one coming, I figure what the heck, it's 0150, time to go home. As soon as I hit the highway, I get a report to look out for a DUI driver on the highway. Blue Yukon/Blazer.

So I sit on the highway for 10 minutes and never see it and figure I missed it. So I start to head home and a trooper about a mile away calls in, he is out with the vehicle, but the tag info given was wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I roll out there and sure enough, it's my Yukon from earlier. So I talk to the trooper. The driver isn't DUI, but we decide to take a look inside after my contact earlier. Figure the well would still be wet. I was wrong. When I pulled the occupants out, they all recognized me and they were all drunk. We exchanged smiles, even the guy with the $265 Bud Light. The girl, she's hammered also. Everyone goes on their way and I head home.

I get inside town, and by this time I was 40 minutes past my curfew. We do this all the time though, so no big deal. I'm just barely inside town and a car coming the other way swerves into my lane and back over into his lane. Well, well well.............

The guy slows down, then finally decides to stop.........In the middle of a f'n street. So I walk up, see the driver and he opens up the passenger door. Guess what? He doesn't one $265 Bud Light in the floorboad, he has two and the odor in the car was quite pungent.

So I get him out, and I don't speak Spanish and he wasn't being cooperative. From my observations, this guy was borderline. I got my return on his license, he's suspended so that is a trip right there. I call out the local that assisted me earlier. He comes down, tests the guy and he's even unsure as to whether this guy qualifies for DUI. So he loads him up and takes him. He had to test him since I'm not certified yet. I get to the jail at almost 4 am. The guy blew a .18 an hour after the stop. We get all the paperwork straight and it was 0630 before I left the office.

I got home and slept for four hours, then I just back from the office awhile ago finishing the paperwork. I was nice to the guy, I only charged him for one beer. Of course that was on top of the other three charges that he got.

All in all, very productive............

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Good job bubba /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Just your typical Saturday night? Sounds like a bunch of drunks in Okieland /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Dang,sounds like you get more action there compared to cali. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Cops always think there stories are sooooo interesting. I vote for anarchy.

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I should post some PLUMBING ADVENTURES /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif The time when i chased the lady down the street after she stole mt invoyce book. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Cops always think there stories are sooooo interesting. I vote for anarchy.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

So if I kill your entire family and cut out your eyes you're ok with that being legal and fine?

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So if I kill your entire family and cut out your eyes you're ok with that being legal and fine?

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Joe, time to switch to decaf /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Damn, that's an awful lot of drunks. I'd probably drive like a crazy man if I lived in that country. As soon as they realize you're sober they probably let you go, why mess with a sober guy, you got bigger fish to fry!

Damn...you'd think these days some people would have some sense about DUI. Everyone I know that has got one in the past talks about all the money it costs them, how it wasn't worth it, etc.

But $265 for an open beer can in the car? I think that's total crap. In fact, if it were up to me, that wouldn't even be illegal. I know you enforce all laws equally, but what real useful purpose does that law serve? It's not like it isn't ALREADY ILLEGAL to drive drunk, who cares if someone in the back seat is getting trashed?

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    But $265 for an open beer can in the car? I think that's total crap. In fact, if it were up to me, that wouldn't even be illegal. I know you enforce all laws equally, but what real useful purpose does that law serve? It's not like it isn't ALREADY ILLEGAL to drive drunk, who cares if someone in the back seat is getting trashed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in somewhat in agreement with you about the fine. I can plead ignorance about it since this was my first one and the new bond schedule came out about a month ago. I guess it's a problem here in OK.

The reasoning for the illegality of an open container inside a motor vehicle is the access the driver has to it.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    The reasoning for the illegality of an open container inside a motor vehicle is the access the driver has to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And? It's perfectly legal to down a beer, then jump in your car and go for a ride (as long as you're legally old enough to drink) so what difference does it really make?

Although not in the position to decide which laws you're going to enforce, I think that is rather stupid if you ask me.

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the point is the driver may have had one already, hen he slowly downs another and another, you have no idea what number that is for him, if he downs that beer he may be legally drunk. It could the difference. And what happens if you pull a guy over test him, hes fine, has that beer then half an hour later he kills someone and is legally drunk? Everyone will turn on the cop for "not doing his job" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Which beer pushed him over the limit? And as BBB showed, sometimes you think someone is drunk but you they are borderline, that one beer could push them over the limit. If you let them go but take the beer its more likely they will make it home alive isn't it?

14. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Ah Bubba,,, what war stories,,,
    I can see youre the next Joesph Wanbaugh!!!!

Way to get those drunks,,, every one is a rolling murderer waiting to happen..
    50,000 people a year DIE in the US related to drunk driving fatalities... thats about the same amount of soldiers killed in Vietnam....
    You drink and drive....youre an idiot who deserves attention

Bubba gets the DUECEBUSTER propeller hat /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    cam

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Ah Bubba,,, what war stories,,,
    I can see youre the next Joesph Wanbaugh!!!!

Way to get those drunks,,, every one is a rolling murderer waiting to happen..
    50,000 people a year DIE in the US related to drunk driving fatalities... thats about the same amount of soldiers killed in Vietnam....
    You drink and drive....youre an idiot who deserves attention

Bubba gets the DUECEBUSTER propeller hat /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    cam

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know, when one spends Christmas evening in the rain and cold cleaning up after a DUI accident, one pays particular attention to those that would drink and drive................

16. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    when one spends Christmas evening in the rain and cold cleaning up after a DUI accident, one pays particular attention to those that would drink and drive................

[/ QUOTE ]
    Kid across the street from me was killed by a DUI on Christmas Eve - actually - the wreck happened just before midnight, so the "called" time was on Christmas. She was 16. That family has not celebrated Christmas since - and this happened over 25 years ago.

Something to think about when you get behind the wheel after drinking .....

17. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess it's a problem here in OK

[/ QUOTE ]
    You guess?!?!! Come on, 90%+ of accidents here start with the words "Hold my beer and watch this!!!!" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

John

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I guess it's a problem here in OK

[/ QUOTE ]
    You guess?!?!! Come on, 90%+ of accidents here start with the words "Hold my beer and watch this!!!!" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

John

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    the point is the driver may have had one already, hen he slowly downs another and another, you have no idea what number that is for him, if he downs that beer he may be legally drunk. It could the difference. And what happens if you pull a guy over test him, hes fine, has that beer then half an hour later he kills someone and is legally drunk? Everyone will turn on the cop for "not doing his job" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Which beer pushed him over the limit? And as BBB showed, sometimes you think someone is drunk but you they are borderline, that one beer could push them over the limit. If you let them go but take the beer its more likely they will make it home alive isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If an officer believes you're "drunk" it doesn't matter if you're over the legal limit or not. He can still run your ass in for DUI. There is no such thing as, "Legally drunk," simply a point where he has no choice but to write you up for DUI, which in Illinois, is .08%.

As stated earlier, driving under the influence of alcohol is already illegal.

As for the law that says you can't be physically drinking alcohol while you go down the road, I think that is somewhat stupid and really does nothing to prevent people from driving drunk.