Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the 63's are in

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84K5BD, Sep 3, 2003.

1. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

the 63\'s are in

it was a little tougher than i thought it was gonna be. ended up having to relocate the front hangers foward 3 inches which placed them under the body mounts and using new front spring hangers in the rear to keep my shackle flip. the ride is so much better than the 52,s. a local 4x4 club will be having a get together in a few weeks and they will have ramp there so i will be able to see what kind of travel i gained from the swap. i'll get some pics up soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Re: the 63\'s are in

[ QUOTE ]
    i'll get some pics up soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please, let's see 'em! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Hey, how can you drive that thing? Isn't that about the lenght of an 18 wheeler? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Now seriously, first I thought you were talking about tires. I imagined a real monster truck Blazer.

4. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Where are the picks???? I want to do this to mine when I get another engine for it.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

what year did you get the springs out of? is it ANY IFS chevy? 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck? how much lift? yadda yadda yaddda... you know the questions.
    Grant

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good lord them are some loooooooong azz springs!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

j

7. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

You like that ride! I did mine about 3 months ago and haven't mounted the shocks in the rear yet! Have you mounted them or are you doing the horsey thing!? They're a little wishy washy around turns, but nothing major! I havn't found a good ramp or rock so be yet, so I too will show some pics when I can get some! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

any i.f.s. chevy from 88 on up have 63's,i haven't checked newer than 99 though, mine are out of an 89 1/2 ton p.u. i have 8 inches of lift in my k5, before i had shackle flip with a 3 in. block and had brutal axle wrap and now with the 63's and block it's pretty much gone. now my problem is the shocks not having enough travel. i went to that get together and managed to get an 805 on the 30 degree ramp. i still want to try some different idea's and see how far i can go. i'll try to get the pics up by the weekend

9. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

any pictures yet?

10. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Yes, please post a close up pick of the front spring hanger - how, where you put it in. Also, did this move your rear axle back alot. I've got a set of 3/4 ton springs I was going to put under my Burb but didn't and might use on the .Blazer

11. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Hey Bob, do you have a digi cam? If not we could meet on the trail sometime I'll snap a few pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I just don't have a spare tire. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

12. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I just saw Bob's Blazer this weekend and those springs are LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif He moved the front hanger foreward until it hit the straight part of the frame and the rear spring hanger all the way to the very end of the frame. If I didn't buy his shackle flip brackets (because they don't work with 63's) I'd probably look for some of those myself. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

i will get the pics up by friday. i am working on getting 56's or 63's in the front also, got to do some final measurements and check out a couple of idea's and i'll be starting next week on that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

seems like the 63s in back and 52s in the front are becoming more common place but howcome theres never any pics /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I GOTTA SEE!!!!!!!!! ( this is what I want to do )