Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The '73 I Looked At - Pics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Polaris, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

The \'73 I Looked At - Pics

http://www.polariswebdesign.com/truckstuff.htm
    Looking for opinions on value.. scroll down towards the bottom for the pics - I have a few things on that page. I rode in the '72 today. I want it, bad.

Andrea

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Re: The \'73 I Looked At - Pics

I got mine in better shape than that for $800. Mine was originally stock too with a 350/350/203.

Of course, most of them are in better shape here in Cali! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

The fender cancer is normal, that underside cancer looks pretty bad. The rocker cancer might be normal, I had/have mostly surface rust on my rocker inners. I don't have any rust near the door inners, but I do have quite a bit onthe tailgate/floor inner.

Do you have a welder?

Good luck.

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Welder yes. Sorta. Hubby is a shop manager and has some welding experience. I hope to learn. Did yours run? I don't know if this one does, and if it does, I'm sure it will need a lot of new stuff! I'm thinkin', dirt cheap if at all. The rear seat is missing, too, and I do need one right away!

4. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

I got my 78 parts truck that was in that condition for $35 towing fee. The only thing I would by that 73 for is the top and the axles.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

uhhh the floor in that thing is better than the one in my truck! mine has holes ..big holes..lol its fallnig apart right under the drivers feet area..and the tailpan area..well..there is no tailpan..right now i have a 4x4 bracing it up untill i put some homemade peice of tubing in place of it! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ..but as soon as i can..im getting another k5 in much better condition..one that would be allmost rust free! but untill i can this gets me to highschool and wear ever...and beets riding a bus!! lol.. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Bryan

6. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Looks like a diseased truck, perfect for tubbing and chopping /forums/images/icons/grin.gif If it runs it could be built into a great rock rider. Just don't offer much for it.

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Mine ran, looked about the same condition rust wise. Front floors were totaly toast. I paid $1 yes ONE U.S. Dollar for it and DROVE it home.

8. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

looks like the fenders were already cut by rust! I would pay something less than $100(but thats cuz i already have a 73) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif . I also want the nice first gen.

9. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I love the story of "Dollar". That is so cool. We'll see what he says I guess. He needs some website work. I'm not sure that the truck is worth much to me with all the monkeying around to convert mine from half cab to that. We have axles here. I just figured I'd see how far I can push the stock ones, first.

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

If it has been sitting for years, the you'll have A LOT of work to do before you can even move the thing. I'd offer about $200-$300 for it and see if they take it. I have a '74 full removable top. I paid $3000 for it and I put another $4000 into it within the last 6-8 months. And mine had NO cancer. I love mine! I am building it to keep, so the $$ doesn't bother me. If I put another $10K into it, it'll still be cheaper than buying a new truck, and it'll be just as nice too. It has AC and when I'm done it'll have power windows, locks, and cruise control. If you buy this thing get it as cheap as possible cause restoring it will bleed the wallet in a hurry!

11. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

It ran for 350- miles all the way home! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

They thought the tranny was bad.. it leaked some ATF out, and would not go into first gear from a stop light. I found the leak at the TV cable. I got new O-ring and all has been well for the last five years. Of course now the Th350 is outta' there! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif