Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the 81 and stuff: opinions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Jan 15, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok, i put alot of effort into the 81 scottsdale in recent weeks swapping out original 305 for a nice 350 and headrs and such and all is good cept minor hiccup or cough on heavier accleration sometimes and im sick of troubleshooting it even though it really doesnt affect driveability of truck cept maybe 5%, its just annoying i hate when it does it and hate knowing it will do it occasionally and want it fixed ot dont want truck at all., leanign towards selling it and taking advantage of selling it by throwing in a 14 bolt FF open axle and a dana 60 rear 4.56 locker axle and a '74 454 complete rebuilt low miles engine just needs exhaust manifolds and oil replaced to run it, and a th400 missing forward range but otherwise good, an extra rear slider, cab a/c setup, other dahs parts, tinted windshield, tinted burban side panels glasses and weathersatrips, maye some wheels and stuff, and a bunch other parts i have around like engine mounts parts brackets for all different sizes engines including shorter 454 3/4 and 1 ton brackets. truck has typical rust through rear arches and rockers and rear corners of cab, but bed and gate and doors and floors such are all solid not bad for IL at all !
    anyone think this may or not be a good package for around 1600 ?? i think thats good deal for all that plus probably lots more stuff, but maybe not ?

i think i want to save up pennies so can get one later truck, and sell caprice and one the 88 firebird too and scrap whats left in the building and around it

thanks for anything at all,

R

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure what you are asking? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif If you would make a capital letter occasionally it would help sort thru the sentences. If you want to sell all that stuff, I think it would work out better if it wasn't a package deal......

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I believe saw your for sale add and that is what I understood.
    I think it should be a good deal and if you were a little closer I would take it all.
    Give it a couple of days if you don't get any bites, start selling individually the engine the axles etc.. for cheap. For example 454 rebuilt you say? 400.
    the axles 100 a piece, the truck 750 glass and slide in and stuff 10-20 a piece. I am sure it will take some work but you might start selling faster and start putting the money aside. Heck you might end up with more than you expect.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

true, hmm, i just think id be better off selling it all off and start fresh with a plan ready to go in order to stay more ahead than behind like i have been