Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Addiction

Discussion in 'Audio' started by tuffdogstudio, Oct 8, 2005.

1. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

Just curious how everyone got started with the factory aint good enough addiction?

I'll start off.

I was 15 when I bought my first car, 67 Camaro Convert, it was a started project that needed finishing.... lots of boxes of parts, and one of the boxes had the stereo thet the previous owner had slated for install... Yamaha shaft style tape deck. So, I installed it along with finishing up the build for the car and when I was 16 started driving it. Over that summer I met some guys that knew a little about audio and suggested I get new speakers and maybe some more power.

That translated into new speakers in the dash and some wedge speakers on the rear seats, rear speakers were powerd by a 100watt EQ (remember those), I don't remember the brand anymore.

Man, did I think I was cool :doah:

That was the beginning of the addiction for me... anyone else?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Being 39 myself, I know what you're talking about. I was into it all from day one. Had the 100watt EQ and all that back in the day, LOL. My my my, how times have changed, LOL.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

never had a "real" system per se . I did have some 2 ohm mtx 10's with the redline on the foam back in 92 in my Monte Carlo . Later in the most beat up body but fast Laguna I had a swap meet box with a couple swap meet 10's . Then in my Horizon I had 2 10's and a traded for kenwood amp with the din plug to rca adapter and a 2 shaft Alpine deck .

Never had money for the goodies , but always liked music .

Just jumped back in . And I finally have a position in life to have a "real" system for the first time in my life , just have to buy it a little at a time :D

I got get some pics of the install I just did tonight .

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Do your reshearch, shop around, then look on Ebay.

5. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

Post 'em up :D

6. pauly383

Gonna wash the truck , and take some pics of the stuff I just did , as well as the other pics ( sliders ) I gotta get for some people . Will try to get em' tonight , or at the meet and greet tommorrow :D

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Bought a car. Saw one exactly like it on the road one day. That will never happen again. Of the cars and trucks I have had in the last 15 years I have never heard anyone say "I saw a truck just like yours the other day" or " I though it was you" My stuff is unique. I like to be different. I tried not to mod my Blazer. That lasted a month. Couldn't stand it being stock. Stock sucks.

8. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I started back in 84 When I got my first truck, a 76 Datsun. I had a Concord deck, 1 pair of Pioneer TS6907 4way 6x9 speakers on each door powered by a Sanyo 100x100 watt and a pair of Cerwin Vega 12 woofers powered by a Hifonics Zeus amp. Back in the day there were no caps or electronic crossovers, we used the coiled crossovers, didn't even usebRCA's it was either hi-level inputs or DIN.. :rolleyes: I've had music in all my vehicles since, it'l be the first thing I'll update.. :wink1:

9. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

when i was 16 i went for a ride in my friend's 85 S-10 blazer. he had two 15" kicker impluses in a huge ported box. filled the entire cargo area, probly 8 cu.ft or so. the bass was so powerful it would make your ears feel like they were going to bleed. that was my first experience with real car audio. been bitten ever since.

10. pauly383

The addiction has started :D

Now my plans are to keep this truck capable , and wheel it and DD it . I do want to replace my crappy old carpet , the weatherstripping , cover the dashpad etc .

And for my addiction . I plan on a 4 ch amp under the other seat , some speakers in the side panels in the backseat area , and some speakers in forms on the front kickpanels .

So I see eventually 2 front off deck , 2 rear off deck , 2 front kick off 4 ch amp , 2 backseat off 4 ch amp . 2 subs off 2 2ch . I have fadedable rca's for front and rear , and seperate sub out , eq , and crossovers all in the deck .

I am going to get my blown RF speaker replaced , I have 2 that came in the box originally , then run those in parrallel bridged mono . And sell the 10's I got in the package deal with the amp . Or put them in the Impala , that needs rims and subs ..... someday :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005