Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Back door on my blazer is locked closed...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Johnny21usaf, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Johnny21usaf

Johnny21usaf Registered Member

Its a 1990 s10 blazer. And apparently the guy i bought it from locked his keys inside. So instead of breaking a window, he decides to put a coat hanger in the lock twist it and twist the handle at the same time till the handle broke off. I dont know if that worked cause the back window won't open now. I have NO idea how to do it. I can't just take it to a mechanic because im in italy. What do i do? I tried taking the panel off but i dont think it will come off when the door is closed. There has to be somebody who can help. Im losing so much room. Its a 2 door and i have to put everything in from the front. It sucks...

2. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Is it one of the ones that your turn the handle one way and the window opens and the other and the gate opens?

Mine had a similar problem I just busted out the handle and used a screw driver to open it. Had to reweld the gate when i got done with the hole so not the recomended way,

3. Johnny21usaf

Yes it is...

He did break off the handle. I dont know what to do now. I tried taking the panel off. And nothing. The window is locked. How did you get yours open?

4. kgblazerfive

My handle was broke on the outside so I just went in from the outside hole and stuck a screw driver in there and found the piece that opened the window. When i fixed the hole I just welded a piece of sheet metal over it with a new hole to mount the handle too. I think mine was a 89 so I don't know how different the 90 is but my had a twist handle on it with a key in the middle and the whole sthing was broke on mine.

5. Johnny21usaf

Was it locked when you did it? Where should i be Trying to use a screwdriver? Top bottom or sides? Is the handle independent from the pieces inside? what did you do once you got the window open? Damn im confused but i am willing to tear apart this whole thing to fix it. I just want it to work. Please explain what you can...

6. kgblazerfive

My handle looked like the top of a T with a key hole in the middle. Mine was unlocked but when you turned the T left for window right for gate it didn't work so I basically busted the handle and took the whole thing out. Which left a hole that I could acces the mechanism from.

7. Johnny21usaf

I think mines locked...

I dont know how to unlock it. Ill work on it today. Maybe ill give the italians a chance to fix it. Im pretty lost on how to fix it...

8. TheSunDanceKid

TheSunDanceKid Registered Member

yep ive actually done this if you can get the top open the bottom opens also i have a 89 with the same lock but it has the electric poper and the plastic pannle on the inside theres only one way to take it off and the screws on either side at the top of the pannel holding it up have to be broken but when you get the tail gate down can be fixed just snap the top 2 screws mounts and take the ones at the bottom off reach in side the hole at the top middle if it has the ele poper just pull the cord if it doesnt theres some small metal bars in there just pull on them and slide them side to side till it opens

9. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

...... ,,,,,,, ????? !!!!!!!

10. Johnny21usaf

So what do i do about the handle?

Is the handle just used to push something or is it connected to something on the inside of the door? What might he have broken if he just turned it till it came out? It seems like there's some plastic clips or something. I pulled the top back and i can see what's holding the window shut but theres something over the top of the "U" that is probably the window lock. Is there any way i can send somebody pictures and you just use paint on your computer to show me what you're talking about? I took the screws off on the inside but they're only on the bottom. I dont see ANY on the top. I am SO confused. I want to get it open but i dont want it to be open forever. Locked is better than open. Ill try to just pop the plastic off i guess. I just dont want to break anything permanently. That's why ive been waiting to work on it. Obviously you guys know what you're doing. I JUST got this. I could take it somewhere but what better way to learn that doing it myself? I appreciate the help. thank you...