Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Bacon Tree

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Beast388, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Back in the cowboy days, the westbound wagon train was lost and low on food. No other humans had been seen for days. And then they saw an old Jew sitting beneath a tree.

The leader rushed to him and said, "We're lost and running out of food. Is there someplace ahead where we can get food?"

Well," the old Jew said, "I wouldn't go up that hill and down the other side. Someone told me you'll run into a big bacon tree."
    "A bacon tree?" asked the wagon train leader.
    "Yah, a bacon tree. Trust me. For I would not lie."
    The leader goes back and tells his people that if nothing else, they might be able to find food on the other side of the next ridge.

So why did he say not to go there?" some pioneers asked.
    "Oh, you know because Jews -- they don't eat bacon."

So the wagon train goes up the hill and down the other side.
    Suddenly, Indians attack and massacre everyone except the leader, who manages to escape back to the old Jew, who's enjoying an iced tea.

The near-dead man starts shouting. "You old fool! You sent us to our deaths! We followed your instructions, but there was no bacon tree. Just hundreds of Indians, who killed everyone."

The old Jew holds up his hand and says "wait a minute." He then gets out an English-Yiddish dictionary, and begins thumbing through it.
    I'm sorry, I made a big mistake"...............

"It was not a bacon tree. It was a ham bush!

I know....I know.....BOOOOO!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

lol /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif there are worse, dont make me tell ya the one about the 3 legged pig /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Ok.....now I gotta know! What's the one about the 3 legged pig?