Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Baja 1000

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by retroblazer, Oct 16, 2004.

1. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We're at it again. We'd love to have some additional 4wd trucks for support. We'll cover gas and accomodations. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

Explain explain?

I'd love to do something for once. Expecially if I get paid. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. retroblazer

Not much to explain. Carry some race gas and a spare tire, jack and tow strap. Man the radio and play hopscotch down the pennisula. Or I'll have you go to one specific spot on the course and wait. You get to see all the cars and bikes go by and have a good time camping. I have many different roles to fill. All depends on what you bring to the game. If anybody has questions, call me at 800-372-4356 or keep posting. Thx, Chris One thing for sure, nobody makes money on the deal, we just cover expenses.

4. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

The legendary BAJA 1000 is an awesome event. This year is the traditional peninsular race from Ensenada to La Paz. This will be my 16th BAJA 1000 and my sixth to La Paz, and maybe my last but I’ve said that before. If you have never been to this race you are missing the best offroad experience of a life time. Anyone who is interested should contact Chris and offer their help. He has a great bunch of guys on the team racing the Blazer in Class 3.

Check out this movie trailer for Dust to Glory which will be in theaters next April. It will give you a taste of what to expect in Baja!

We are racing a Chevy in Class 8.

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Damn, I would love to help, maybe next year when my Blazer is setup with the rear suspension im building and the cage.

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I'm in. for those of you who may be interested but want more details here's a link. i just got my ham radio license so i should have some coverage. just have to find a contact in mexico to get my "radio afficionado" license /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

baja 1000

ARQ.

7. hawkeye649

I supposed not loosing money would have been a better way to put it. Only problem now is if I want to go to illinois....... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. retroblazer

Why would you want to go to Ill.? The race dates are Nov. 17-22. Weds. we meet in Ensenada. Thurs. morning we start and finish on Fri. taking Sat. and Sun. to get home.

9. hawkeye649

Cuz your in illinois. I'm not thinking correctly today. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

This is definately of interest but the timing right now is off. Man, would we love to be there later on. ................

11. retroblazer

We're planning on doing a 250 mile race in Baja in Feb., but nothing compares with going all the way down Baja!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. socalslider

socalslider Registered Member

I chase for a TT, I'm at the top of the course, to south of San Felipe, then my days done, if I can be of help let me know.

13. retroblazer

I'd love to talk to you when you have a minute. San Felipe is tough because once the cars go by it's tough to catch up with them again, so we were looking to position someone in that area. Call me when you can.

14. socalslider

socalslider Registered Member

15. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Man, I'd love to be part of that with you but I can't get the time this year /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I wish you the best of luck and maybe it might be something I can do next year? Let us know early next year if your going again. I don't know if I can handle the heat in a Black Blazer with no AC but I'd sure like to try it. Don't forget to let us know how it goes down there after the race. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif now if I could only get some coil-overs to help the ride between pit areas.

16. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Darn, my Blazer won't be ready by then. I might be able to help out in Feb. and I'll for sure be able to help out next year.

17. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Retro...wish i could help...we used to live in phx 2 years ago and worked (volunteered) for Whiplash once a month...our last race was the Parker 400/200K in 2002....damn do i miss those days...i ran a check point and my wife did registration....really miss the two rocky point races...would like to see some pics of your rig though...

DW

18. retroblazer

We just started our website, so it's a work-in-progress. www.rafforacing.com We'll be adding more in the next couple of weeks. As a racer, I'd like to acknowledge people like you and your wife. These races don't run on hired help alone. For those of you who are reading this post and would like to get a taste of desert racing without the cost of fielding a car, volunteering for race support is a great way to actively particate.

19. retroblazer

That's participate. I just noticed your Grand Junction location. Watson, of ORD fame, will be driving a leg of the race and is currently prepping the truck.

20. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Baja 1000. On my "things to do list". One of these days, awe I can't wait. Good luck man and have fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif