Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the battle of my body continues.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryoken, Nov 8, 2005.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

well, here's the soap opera for last night, hope you find it amusing or entertaining.. ;)

i've been telling myself how well i've been skating and how good my knees have felt skating the last 1/2 dozen sessions or so. ever since my illfated face slide at my buddies mini some months back... tho embarrassing, no broken bones, torn ligaments, etc, so, just a flesh wound, as Monty Python would say.. ;)

well his ramp bit me again last night, on the knee... how ironic... and when i say bite, i mean literally.. i didn't even slam, went off the side of the ramp and got tore up by a bigazz nail sticking thru the side as i ran by... :eek1: i can't believe we never saw that... :doah:

spent 3 hrs in the ER getting stitched up.. 25 or so internal, 35 or so external... the thing that was wacked was they had me in a private room, but left the door wide open. so i'm laying on the table with my leg all filleted open and all these people walking by with this gaping wound staring them in the face.. :eek1: :haha:

i mean, nurses, docs, etc are one thing, but there where old ladies and children walking by!!! :haha:

i didn't care, i just felt bad for these people walking by and being squeemed out, if that stuff bothers em.. it was about an inch deep and pretty freaking burly looking.. something right out of Ogrish .com or something... funny thing is, it didn't hurt at all and bled very little..

it looks much, much better all stitched up... here ya go, moderately squeemish, gross below.. use your back button if you so desire at this point... :haha:

[​IMG]

i'm actually more pissed about my knee pad getting sliced up than the wound... its very strange how all of a sudden i'm taking lots of lacerations and scrapes, where its usually been ACL's and cartilidge in the knees, with a few bad hippers and a broken collar bone over the years.. i'll take the cuts and scrapes over a blown out knee anyday... bring it on!

actually, i got home and got bummed and stoked at the same time over a pic i found.. how this guy, at about my age, can still get this bio at our age is beyond me... i've been skating well considering, but my days of skating like this are long gone.. thats ok tho.. :D

props to this oldschooler for still bustin big...

pushin 40, Kevin Staab, BIG backside ollie...
    [​IMG]

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thanks for that, now I'm going to have to get stiches...That looks like the doc did a nice job though...Be a trand setter and put wheels on the backend of your walker and take the tennis balls off the front wheels...:haha:

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

nice gash keep dooing what you love

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Pretty stitches Paul. Seeing pics of the interior ones being done would have been fun.

Glad you're OK.

5. ryoken

thanks Pam.. :D

haha, i said that to the nurse as she was irrigating it.. that i wished i had my digi for some pics, she got a chuckle outta that.. i wouldn't have posted those direct, just a link for the curious. they woulda been pretty gruesome..

i was impressed with the stitch job.. the doc had me laughing, he took one look at the rest of my knee and said "i guess i don't have to worry about how it looks" he then proceeded to put in some tight knit 1 pearl 2's... ;)

i think i should prolly go back this weekend and sacrifice a skatedeck to this ramp or something... burn it and do some chanting or some chit to appease the ramp gods... :doah: :haha:

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Yea, you prolly should. I myself sacrifice truck parts to the gods of transport. Lord knows where I'd still be stranded if I didn't do that. :rolleyes:

It'd be fun to see a pic of your good knee next to that big ole swollen mess you have there.:waytogo:

I'm gonna be in Toms River Nov 16-19 on biz. Small possibility that I'd have an hour or two free some evening while there. Is that anywhere near you?

7. ryoken

hehe, good knee, you funny girl ;)

yup, Toms River is the next town over.. i'd love to hook up for a bite to eat or a drink one night if your available.. shoot me a pm before ya leave... :D

have you snowboarded?

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

:haha:Yea, what was I thinking... maybe better phrased "currently less swollen knee". And yea, I suppose that is a matter of timing.

I'll PM you so we can trade cell numbers. May not have access to internet while there.

Technically I snowcrash. Tho there is a snowboard on my feet, no boarding has happenend for any length of time. Hoping to change that this year.:doah: Only got out 1 day last year to do anything. And I spent that time falling. I am an idiot.

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Too bad you couldn't take photos of the poor unprepared public. :haha:

Another badge of honor for the Ryoken. :thumb: At least no one can say you have no dedication. :rotfl: