Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The beast is finally underway!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, May 30, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

FINALLY got started putting all the parts I've been stockpiling on. We built the 3/4 ton axles last week with stock 4.11 gears, detroit rear, new seals, bearings, brakes, calipers, wheel cylinders, u joints. Just got the front in today and hung it on the 4" tuff country front springs. With my 36x12.50x16 swampers measuring in at about 34.5" (about 60% tread), the top of the hood is even with the top of my shoulder and I'm 6'3". Tires fit fine with a little front lip hacking. The rear is going in tommorrow and Wednesday. Doing a custom shackle flip, custom shims/ 1/2" blocks. Hopefully it all evens out ok. I guess if it doesn't, I can always get Tuff country rears. Hell it's only money right?

Only downside is I swear I think my girlfriend is going to leave me. I broke 2 dates and don't even have the money left for flowers to cheer her up. Haven't seen her or this BBS since Thursday. And this is memorial day weekend. Dangit. Oh well, I hear this is the standard penalty for truck building.....

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

post a pic![​IMG]

<font color=green>Money</font color=green>--&gt;Blazer

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Soon as I get the rearend under it, I'll do just that. Or before if I can't stand it any longer. I guess it's time I get familiar with cyber pictures. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress