Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the best lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BPCRJ, Nov 27, 2000.

1. BPCRJ

BPCRJ Registered Member

im in the process of my "Ultimate Blazzing Mudder" and wanted some lift opinions. I plan to put a 12in suspension lift an a 3in body lift. What is the best brand(s) to purchase? Also what transmission, and transfer case to get.
    I saw the "Doubler" on offroad design is it all thats its cracked up to be? Thanks,

ps. I have been posting questions for about a week now and would like to say that this is the best site i have ever seen, and thanks again to all the responses to my questions

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

With 12"s, it's not the best brand...It's what brand! Your choices are pretty much limited to three...Super lift,sky jacker, and national spring. If your ride is pre 73, then I think Sky jacker stops at 8". I haven't ridden on national springs yet, but I can tell you that Sky jacker rides alot softer than Super lift. I would probably go with a t400, for brute strength, and a np205 without question. I have yet to see or use a doubler, but I've yet to hear a compaint about them either! Good luck, and let's see some pics!

[​IMG]