Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The best offroad mudder ever!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TC4x4, Nov 27, 2006.

1. TC4x4

TC4x4 1/2 ton status

Guys i need your help with this one. I am looking for my winter project this year and can't figure out what i want to build, so tell me, in your opinion what is the best vehical to make a offroad mudder out of, i need some good ideas guys so think hard and let me know, this has to be a sweet one. ANy age truck let me know and pictures will give me a better idea also, (non-member :confused: ...i know...), but anways thanks guys cant wait to hear form you.

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

:thinking: get yourself a 1 ton crewcab longbed. jack it up and run 54" boggers. its long enough that by the time your rear tires get in the mud the fronts should be coming out the other side. turning radius is going to suck, but who needs to turn around in the mud.

3. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

How bout that crew cab stretch limo posted a few days ago.

4. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

No doubt my dream mud truck is a 4+4 Chevy with the frame shortened and a six foot bed installed. Run a supercharged 502 with a TH400 and a divorce mounted 205 going to Rockwells and 54" Boggers. To keep it simple, run leaf springs with traction bars. Put a PTO winch on the back and a Warn 16.5ti on the front in one of those pricey, but o-so-nice ORD front bumpers. Put the radiator in the bed, add a roll cage, and have fun.

5. brsmith

brsmith Newbie

what about a blown 572 or a twin turbo cummins