Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The best tire size for stock or 2"-3" and 4" lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pitbulls'n'blazers, Jan 20, 2006.

1. pitbulls'n'blazers

pitbulls'n'blazers Registered Member

I would like to know what is the best tire size for my stock K5,and the best tire size for a 2"-3" and 4" lift.

Thanks!

2. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Depends on if you want to cut the fenders or not. With 4 inches you can fit 33's for sure with out rubbing. 35's will fit but they will rub so you may need to do some minor trimming. This also depends on the width of the tire and rim size.

Now if you wanna do some :hack: :grind: :weld: then you can fit whatever size you want. :saweet: :woot:

All that being said, check out the search feature, this has been covered several times in the past.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

My stock 90 runs 33's with just minor rubbing of the inner wheel well on the back when twisted up. My built 90 runs 37's with 3" of lift and no rubbing.

4. pitbulls'n'blazers

pitbulls'n'blazers Registered Member

Thanks for the info,and I thought this topic has been talked about before.Sorry if I repeat some questions,I'm pretty new hear,and I'll search a little more before I post.:doah:

5. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

i had 33s for a while on my blazer, ran stock susp, 2", and 7"...rubbed no matter how much lift i had, but i had to try hard to get it to rub with 7". Lots of people run 35s with 4", just trim up some, don't do anything too extreme and you will be fine. Im running 40s with 5" rt now, so you don't have to have a ton of lift to fit a decent sized tire.

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

go 49s and Rockwells, and never look back.