Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The biggest tires you would go?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77ChevyK10, May 8, 2003.

1. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

What are the biggest tires you would go on a 10 bolt front and 12 bolt rear. I have seen 42" but i do not thnk that is safe. What are the best type of tire also. I would like somthing with a 6ply sidewall perhaps.

Andrew
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> 36 is the biggest I would go, even if the axles were beefed. *Maybe* a skinny 37. </font>

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

For AZ I would have to say 35-36". Either BFG MT's, Goodyear MTR, or Swamper Radials.

Harley

P.S. Carry spare parts and the tools to change them.

4. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

I have been running 38x11x16 for about a year now on my d44. It does have cromo axles and spicers. I have only broke two u-joints. Both times were just a fluke. I never herd them break. Looked at themnext morning and the top of the u-joint cap was broke. Id say skinney 38's and a gutless motor ar the only reason i have had good luck.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

36s. maybe 37s if u have chrome shafts... just use super light aluminum rims. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

37's if you are not big on the skinny pedel and have correct gearing to use them w/o lots of bumping.

7. k5blaze7

k5blaze7 Registered Member

35's i wouldnt go any bigger
    depending on what ur gonna be doing mickey thompson baja claws are pretty nice tires i know every one thinks there over rated but there pretty bad ass on trail with alot of hills and rocks after i lift the blazer im goin 35/15.50/15's baja claws for street and trail but in mudd im goin 38's not sure on kind though but thats all my opinion

8. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Depends what you do. If you're just trail riding and mudding you can run 38's. My buddy bought my old axles 10bolt front and rear with 4.56 and he runs 38.5x15/15 GroundHawgs and he has not had 1 damn problem yet. He does DD, mud, sand, trails. It just depends. if you rock crawl or go hardcore like alot of people on this site, then I would stick to minus 35"

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

38s on a upgraded front 10 bolt i can see... but a stock 10b rear axle just cant handle those kinda meats, especially if you are gonna do trails... which can be just as hard on a rig as rocks sometimes...

j