Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

THE BLAZER IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chad, Apr 1, 2001.

1. chad

chad Registered Member

Hey, I'm sure a lot of you don't have a clue who I am, but the people who have been here since the very beginning of this message forum will remember me. About a year ago I threw a rod on my 350 in my 79 K-5. Completely out of funds to do anything about it I had to park it and was in the process of even trying to part it out. Well, as of Friday, March 30 she's back on the road!!!!!!! Now under the hood sits a 350, 4 barrel, with a high performance cam kit, a high performance timing chain, a high performance, high volume oil pump, and an Accel SuperCoil Ignition system. I used to think my factory setup roared, but this new one sure puts that to shame. The engine is a heavy duty GM crate out of a suburban with about 35,000 miles on it, so it's got lots of life left, plus just about every gasket on the thing has been changed. Still got a few bugs here and there to work out, but it's coming along good. I'll be visiting the site much more frequently again now that the K-5 is back in action. So many things have been done to this site since the last time I was here. It will be good to have every body's support again, and an answer to any question that I might have, and I'll try to answer any question that anyone has for me to the best of my knowledge. Well, gotta go drive the think again!!!

[​IMG]
    Cruisin Taz in a 79!
    Chad

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

That's great. Hope it treats you well.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

glad to see you back.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!