Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

THE BLAZER IS DEAD

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chad, Apr 25, 2000.

1. chad

chad Registered Member

Well, Saturday night she threw a rod right through the oil pan. She was running better then ever and just went, I'm not real sure why, not low on oil, and engine wasn't even running warm. Well, I don't have the money, let alone the time to fix it, so I'm going to have to part with the truck, whoever needs something off of it just tell me, or if you want the whole thing, there is still a ton of good parts on the engine, i'm not sure if the block is cracked or not, haven't had a chance to rip it apart and see. I gotta get enough money to finish paying this thing off, man it's a sad day, I hate to see it go this way so if someone wants the whole thing to bring her back to life make an offer.

It's been great while it lasted guys, two years of time and money poured into the thing and now it's all over, at least till I get another one some other day!

[​IMG]
    Cruisin Taz in a 79!
    Chad

2. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Come on, Don't give up yet. Take some time and think about it. You might be able to come up with a way to keep it.

3. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

I hope that you can figure out a way to fix your truck, it's a shame. I feel like a ghoul, but I really need a driver's seat, so if you are sure you have to part out your truck I'd really like to have it.

4. chad

chad Registered Member

Well, I already got our Corsica going back on the road, and put insurance on it today, I'm sure I going to part it unless someone wants the whole thing. Make an offer for the drives seat, the bar that goes across underneath is missing so only the one side locks in place, it works, just makes it kinda a pain to adjust, just better to leave in one place, but it sure wouldn't be hard to fix

[​IMG]
    Cruisin Taz in a 79!
    Chad

5. cp87jimmy

cp87jimmy Registered Member

Your killing me man. I'm about to start crying. Is it too late to start "Chad's Blazer Fund"? Sorry to hear about your demise. Best of luck what ever you do.

So addicted it's not EVEN funny!!!!

6. chad

chad Registered Member

Well, if I could come up with the money i would keep her you guys, but i'm a senior in high school, and working, and need money for school next year, and a place to live, so if anyone wants to donate, i will take it!

[​IMG]
    Cruisin Taz in a 79!
    Chad

7. Orange

Orange Registered Member

Ask the parents for some fundage for it. I'm a junior in high school and with out the fundage from my parents I would have a piece of junk K5 sitting it the drive way not running. And of course I have to pay them back, but it's worth the interest free loan I guess.

Orange 84' Jimmy
    You can't see California with out Marlon Brando's eyes.

8. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey I really feel for you brother, I just wish there was something I could do for you not financially though, cause I'm broke too with my gas guzzler and the gas prices now a days, but if there is something I could do let me know.

keep blazin !!!

9. chad

chad Registered Member

you know what I just realized? there is 604 registered users to this message board. Maybe if everyone could bum me one buck I could get enough to get her back on the road, hehe. Like that would happen

[​IMG]
    Cruisin Taz in a 79!
    Chad

10. Logan

Logan Registered Member

The engine in my fullsize Jimmy died 2 weeks ago. I managed to find a guy who'll give me another engine for $550 installed.... And that's in Canadian funds! Check around junkyards and some of the smaller garages. There's a ton of 350's lying around, and a lot of mechanics will work for cash.

Beats the hell out of the $2000 dollar price tag I got from the dealer....for the engine alone!

Heheh, in the meantime I'm driving my old Toyota -- the money I'm saving in gas will pay for the new engine! ;)

-Al.

11. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

Just one buck, I have that laying around in change.... someplace around here [​IMG]
    if I hear enough people willing to send a buck I could do it too, just post an address to revive the old Blazer
    If you can do the work yourself, (it's not hard to do) I am sure that you could find a good running 350 at a boneyard for around 300, then you could use the other 300 for replacing the belts, hoses, fluids, valve cover gaskets etc...
    heck I might even be able to find 2 dollars for the cause.
    '77 K5

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

12. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

Don't let the '79 die !!!
    Post address asap !!!

Balou
    '79 K5,350,465,205
    [​IMG] get fuc.... M-Class out of my way !!! [​IMG]

13. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

From another '79 owner... KEEP IT! What can we do?

Blazin' in Flagstaff

14. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Ok, I had a similar fate occur to me last September 27. We were going up to the mountains to go on some nice trails I stumbled upon while fishing the previous summer (we went back after my new motor was in to find that they, like all other local trails, are illegal now). It's about 30 miles on the highway, then you gotta go over a mountain and drive past a lake to get there. Well, we leave and my truck is running fine, i get on the highway, still running fine. As soon as i start going over this mountain (twisty steep road) it breaks the piston rings and starts billowing thick white smoke out the tailpipes. Of course, this couldn't happen near home, it had to happen as far from home as i was going to get that day. Amazingly I managed to drive it back down the mountain, onto the highway, and go fast enough to keep up with traffic. That is, until i got pulled over for all the smoke (I didn't even know i was being pulled over, my dad told me over the cb) but the cop knew what happened, chuckled a little, then let me go. I had a new motor built for me by a local machine shop. It cost me $1200 for a shop-provided block and cylinder heads, machining, and all new parts. I used the intake and carb/exhaust from the old motor. I'm only a senoir too, and if you ask around, you can find a cheap shop that'll let you pay in parts. You could also save some money by asembling it yourself. Good luck!

[​IMG]

15. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

man too bad. I know what your going through.I found a 350 with about 120,000 on it that you can get for about $200. the only problem is its in florida. thats awful far for you. the motor is in a camero now, running.

fix'n finally

16. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Where are you located? I have a 305 I pulled out of my 78 that ran,, not very good, but did,, that you can have for FREE,,, block, heads, intake manifold, stock exhaust manifolds, oil pan, etc..... Just come get it in KC, Mo....
    Or YOU make all the arrangments to have it picked up from my house and shipped to you.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

17. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Dont sell that K5! There are junkyards around here that sell complete motors, and you pull them. The cost is around $125-$175 running or not. I am sure we could find you a good motor. I am going to the yards in the next week or so, and I will look for ya. My last trip I didnt see any complete motors running. I did find a '92 350 in a Van that has TBI. The distributor, Throttle body are gone, but I may buy the motor real cheap. The yard charges $25 to pull it, and this one would require a torch so I would let them do it. I was planning on buying the heads off this motor, but if you want the whole thing, let me know. Where are you located? I would send a buck. I need some Boggers next year so will y'all buck up for me? [​IMG]

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

18. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I blew up a $3500 AMC 401 in my old CJ-7 a couple years ago. Does that make you feel better? Probably not... The block was cracked and I ended up selling it because of the expense of finding another AMC V8. I went from 13 second quarter miles to scrap metal in about 1 second.
    Small block Chevys are much cheaper...I think you should hold onto your truck and throw another 350 in it.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

19. MuleMaster

MuleMaster 1/2 ton status

Hey, come on, don't let Your truck die. I spent so much money on mine the last months, I can easily throw in another five bucks to support You. Just tell me where to send to!

Keep her going!
    Fritz

Chevy Truck - Like A Rock!
    <font color=blue>http://www.geocities.com/projectmule/</font color=blue>

20. BamaGal

BamaGal Registered Member

Tell us where to send a dollar....