Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The blazer is on life support

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Jul 6, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

We removed the motor today, the new motor is on the stand. We'll transfer all the goodies and have it installed tomorrow and running Sunday. Whew, I remember when this use to be FUN!!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

Hey bro where did you buy your seats from?

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn how are you so fast at it? me and my dad are putting a 305 in mine form the other one we have and its takin us a while we still got al lthe wires ot hook up and crap!..

Bryan

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I dunno about fast!!!! I spent a good part of July 4th removing the heads and all the brackets and accessories. Went out yesterday afternoon, got the oil pan off and the starter and then we yanked the motor. Plus I have aALOT of help. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif We still gotta dress the other one and install it.

As far as the seats, they are from a 95 Honda Accord. I was in a wreck that broke my old blazer seat so the guy that hit me paid to have these seats installed. They're bitchin'. I love them.

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Man, it is BAD ugliness inside of my motor!! The #8 piston broke and is missing about 1" of the top piston ring. The timing chain needed a 10 speed bike derailer to take up the slop. There were some bizzare detonation patterns on the pistons. When I removed the oil pan the pick up screen wasn't even attached to the oil pump /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I'm surprised this POS even fired up without a fight! Anyway, it's all dressed up and it's going in today, WAHOOOOOOOOO /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

save me a seat in that rig, never sat in a honda seat HEHEHE, see ya when i get out there. never met someone from tucson before? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif web page

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

You may have to tangle with an 11 yr old over it, it's his seat. He may give you a run for your money but I think you can take him. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif You can probably bribe him with a Pepsi and a Reese.

8. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I drove an '85 in the shop, pulled the 350, threw the hood back on, and shoved it out of the shop in half a day by myself (brag) /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif