Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the brakes on my 1996 K3500...

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Seventy4Blazer, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ok, so i have the little squeek squeek... figure "i just bought the truck, why not change the brakes." go to change the pads out up fron(front left hs the squeek) and find out that the brakes were fully done just before the old man traded in the truck. front and rear. the rotors are thick. VERY thick. the pads are about 32nd of an inch thinner then the new ones i had in my hand. the rotor seems warped. but they are ethier brand new or just turned. i get a TINY wobble when i really get into the brakes at higher speeds(read as 80mph or so) should i turn the rotor possibley again or buy a new one?
    Grant

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

have the rotors turned.. often times, off the shelf rotors are warped because they are stored wrong..

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeah, i was tinking on just having it turned. since i thought it needed brakes i was gonna upgrade to the porcaline brakes and rotors, but now i can save that bit of cash.
    Grant