Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The brown (tan) streak rides again!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mplogic, Jul 31, 2002.

1. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Well after a good month's worth of labor (for what was originally supposed to take a week) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and WAAAYYY too much $$ I finally have my baby (er... beast) back on the road. Mods include 3/4 ton axle swaps, 4" lift (springs and shackle flip), bushings, rear Gov-Loc (to be replaced as soon as a manual locker comes out for the 14bFF), front OX locker (have my doubts already), 35" BFGs, swaybar disconnects, and about a thousand other small things that we ran into along the way. I have a ton more project pics if anyone want's to see 'em.

before1
    before2
    before3

after1
    after2
    after3

Still some bugs to work out (driveshafts, shocks, fender trimming, etc.) but at least I have a driveable vehicle again. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

If you put a ORD 1 inch body lift on and offset the front axle forward one inch you might get away with minimal trimming. I run basicly the same set up as your truck has and only had to trim back to the inner fender. Also the ORD Steering brace does wonders even on the road.
    Looks much better with a little lift!

3. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Thanks! Actually, I've got the bolt in brace on there. That and the new springs and bushings really tightened up the front end, with the swaybar connected it feels much more stable in turns or banks on the freeway, although I don't take it much over 55mph until I get the rear cv shaft. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif A little fender trimming was in the plan from the beginning and I like the way it sits now, but 37s sure would be cool. ...No! Stop! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

looks great! its amazing what a lift can do for a truck! i cant wait to do mine!

Bryan

5. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Thanks! I think it's a big improvement over the old man look (before pics). Did some playing in the mud the other day and quite impressed with what the truck could do. I don't have my new driveshaft yet but figured "what the hell". Actually, I drove by this big mud puddle and couldn't resist. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Got into a deep spot (much deeper than suspected) and had water up to the bottoms of the doors, but the truck just chugged on through. AZ mud is mostly just brown water anyway. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Can't wait for that new shaft and then I'll really test it out.

6. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nice going. See ya on the trail - when it gets cooler.

7. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Truck looks real good after the lift (and the running board removal).

8. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Looks like a great beginning to an awsome rig!
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Yea, I'm just beginning to realize how much a money sink this can turn into. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif All I need now is a roll cage, custom bumpers, winch, soft top, long travel shocks, cross-over steering, new seats, custom transfer case, and then maybe some body work and a paint job. ...crap /forums/images/icons/smile.gif