Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The burb has a new heart!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scoutillac, May 10, 2004.

1. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Well I finally got the fresh motor in. The chip, cam, K&N, and power tower work great together so far. I'm still babyin it till I hit the 500 mile mark. I'll give her more pedal then. I like it a lot so far. I opted not to use the shorty headers. It would have cost more in the long run to change the Y pipe around and stuff. I had the timing 180 out at first. I don't have a distributor tool or one of those cool blackhack swivel head rachets so I jimmied the wires around for now. I will fix it later. So my dad tells me you can't run the dist 180 out with the wires switched around for long. Why not? Well it sure is nice to park the bootleather express and drive my baby again. She responds so much quicker. Now I want to play in a little mud again. This time I'll avoid the lake. It still runs a little warm. Everything, and I mean everything is new, rebuilt, or professionally cleaned out. The thermostat even has the little hole in it. She still runs around 210-220. Oh well I guess I'll just keep an eye on it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. johnc

johnc Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif right on !!!

3. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

party on dude. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So my dad tells me you can't run the dist 180 out with the wires switched around for long.

[/ QUOTE ]
    So does anyone know why?