Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the burb

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by one ton burb, Mar 23, 2006.

1. one ton burb

one ton burb 1/2 ton status

Hey guys been a while since I have posted and I noticed it is a little slow in the burb forum lately so I thought I would give an update on my k30 project.
    As of right now I got a bare chassis again and a body on a diffrent chassis so i will be doing the swap after some body work, then I have my new BDS 6 inch springs sitting in the garage waiting to go in, and I just placed my order for a ORD shackle flip, HD greasible front shackles and the main eye bushing for my bds springs, next pay I plan to buy the rears and then maybe a set of super shackles, I will most likely make my own steering box brace same with engine crossmember, so when i get the x over and high steer someday I will be ready for it, and I'm hoping if I can buy a set of 37 by 12.5 ssr's by the end of the summer.

well guys I know it is long but thats whats going on with mine, oh and the dana 60 should be going in really soon too.

So lets hear ware everyone else is with there projects

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well.... im considering buying an engine for my suburban, and actually driving it for the first time in almost 3yrs. thats pretty much it.

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I remember when you still loved her:wink1:

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Well I finally fixed a few annoying things on my burb; high idle, leaking transfer case adapter, broken windows . . . been collecting parts and mostly just driving it once and awhile.
    But I have some plans for this summer, building the new cargo drawer, side boxes for storage and new speakers, re-wiring my doors and then getting my axles finally built.
    I am so tired of working on my little car that I'm finally gonna get beack to my first love, da Burb!

5. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

how can you be a one ton sub without the D60? thats like false advertizing or somthing :deal: :p:
    I havent even cleaned the dirt from the inside of my burb since TDS. I have just been working to get a new apartment, NEW front locker and hydro assest. TDS reconfermed that those two will help get me out of the situations I keep geting into :dunno: :doah: :burb:

6. one ton burb

well I just got my stuff from ord and all i can say is wow what a great product

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

what did you get?

8. one ton burb

I got my shackel flip the hd front shackels with greasible bushings and that is all for now. next order will be the rear hd's with greasible, and a cross over and high steer set up so i can finaly get the dana 60 in this thing