Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the camping trip from the gods

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by hd-10, Apr 18, 2004.

1. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

we worked all week long think about this weekend wait for friday to hit so we could go camping. on wednesday i took my 74 to work just so i could fill her up and stretch her legs out got to the pumps as i was felling her up it started leaking out the fill hose. thursday rolls around and get the hose fixed take her for a drive get home the gasket on the valve cover blew out. so i decided instead of fixing the gasket to just take the 91 k5. we'll the 91 has been have some reverse promblems but took her anyways. friday went good it was my buddy's birthday and he got hammered on beer and so/co. went to bed about 0400 am woken up at about 0410 am by my buddy trowing up all over the tent and everything inside. so could sleep after that event. so i am by the fire and it starts to snow in april /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif well the rigs are topless and out in the open. also the weather cannel says 20% chance of RAIN!! anyways we go wheelin about 1000am and found that the winter had nocked some big trees over so my buddy decides moveing them would be better then going back. to say the least we got them moved so since i have no reverse i have to go down the trail and find a place to turn around well the spot i choose wasn't the best but i thought i could pull it off. so next thing you know me truck is sitting side ways on the roasd and i can't go back couse the reverse was completly gone and the cliff in front didn't look promising for a route to take. so i walked back up the road to were the other guys were at but they decided to take up the road before i got there. so back in my truck i go now the snow blizzard hits hard can't even see the track anymore. and i here someone calling my name it was the other two who informed me that they rolled the jeep just up ahead so now we are hurting. they were able to push me back enough so i could go foreward up the trail and after some 1,000 point hill assastance backing and climbing i was able to turn my truck around close enough to the jeep to set up a tree pully and promb the jeep back up. the rest was just cold and getting out before we got snowed in all made it home and will never forget the time big blue saved the day even without reverse. take care and good luck wheelin.

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

let that tent air out /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif sounds like a bummer trip. hopefully next time is better.....soco and beer /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

3. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

might have been a bummer trip but it's always better then work planning on doing it again in about a month hopefully it goes better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif next time it will be jim and beer.