Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Chip is coming...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Apr 24, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What do you guys think? I know what GreenBlazer's going to say, and I think I'd agree with him wholeheartedly on it...

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/story/0,24195,3372523,00.html>The Chip</a>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.adsx.com/prodservpart/verichip.html>The Chip maker</a>

2. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Its pretty scary.I think this is a situation were i actually would agree with greenblazer as well.Just a way for the govt to keep track of us.Funny huh he hasnt replied yet but we know what hell say.

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I'll probably agree with what he says too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Aaron

4. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

Hey it could help this kid out, and it's not like it's ever gonna be a mandatory thing, to the point that even people who dont want a chip have to get one. Although I am sort of uneasy about the fact that the son who's getting the chip is only 14, and his parents are really the ones making the decision for him to have it.

I really dont like the idea that "some may include a global positioning tracking feature" on future chips. I can easily imagine a paranoid or invasive mother crossing the boundaries of privacy and wanting to know where her child is at all times of the day, so they have a global positioning tracking chip implanted under the child's skin. Or maybe there are laws against that sort of thing, i dont know

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think you know my opinion Ratch...Lo-Jack for your kids, Lo-jack for you. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Rene

6. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I understand where your coming from maybe its just paranoia on our part, well i cant speak for everyone, my part, but it just seems weird.Why cant he just wear the wristband like everyone else.And what if he goes into a hospital that doesnt have the technology to read that chip?Its just odd to me that its needed or maybe i dont understand it.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I see alot of good and bad from this. The medical ID is a good thing, but what else will they do with it ??? It makes me think of the films I seen in church when I was a kid. The ones dealing with revolations. I'm no Juses freak by any means, but in those films they said everyone would have to get tatoo's that could be read by a bar code scanner. That everything would be done by those scanners, no money would be used anymore. That those tatoo's would be "the mark of the beast". Okay, so they want to implant a chip instead of tatoo a bar-code on us. Maybe it was one of Nostadomas predictions. I'll say it again, I'm not a religous person, but this is a wierd sumularity. Makes one wonder. I for one do not like the idea of being able to be monitored by all this !!!!!

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Good and bad.... too much big brother going on anymore.... but then again too much crap in this world and if a chip like that could spare a kid from ending up dead along side a highway because some sicko got ahold of them, then in that case I could support it.... might be nice to have them just for ID reasons.... like you scan it and your medical history comes up, could save your life.... like I said good and bad....

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Big Brother is watching you !

10. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

Apocalypse Chapter 13: 15-18
    And it was given him to give life to the image of the beast: and that the image of the beast should speak: and should cause that whosoever will not adore the image of the beast should be slain. And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand or on their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. He that hath understanding, let him count the number of the beast. For it is the number of a man: and the number of him is six hundred sixty-six

11. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I am a religious man, and I can tell you right now it is way too close to the mark of the beast.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Y'know, there's an old thing about the barcode's containing the number of the beast. I looked into this myself once because I'm a bit of a skeptic by nature, and I don't remember what I found, but I remember being surprised. Not all barcodes are standardized, but I think the most popular ones did contain three instances of 6, or added up to 666 through binary, or something similar. That was a while ago, and I don't remember much of it, though.

"Revelation 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image."

A while back I read an article on the power supplies of these devices. They use heat transfer to generate electricity, and it was found that the most efficient (easily collected) radiation of heat came from the back of the hand or the forehead. Another article described how in a failure or rupture of the device, the skin around it would turn black. I don't know enough about biology or the chip's material's to comment on that any more than holy friggin crap! It wasn't a religious article either!

The chip may not be mandatory now, but I can definately see it replacing your social security number in the future, which would sort of make it mandatory. I have to carry two seperate access keys that flash my name, picture, company, access hours, and employment status on a screen when I get into my building. If I don't have these keys, I can't get in the building. If the chip becomes similar, where it's optional by law, but mandatory for say, a buildings access, then it can be subtly made mandatory. Maybe airlines won't allow passengers without it, so your only choice would be to drive or boat. They can keep it optional, but make the alternatives so difficult, it's hard to resist it.

Exactly Rene! The lojack for humans. "They" can flip on the GPS switch and figure out where you are, and you never even need to know they're watching you.

When I first started learning about GPS, I couldn't believe it. We've built an infrastructure with the potential for complete governmental control, or even "global" control! The thought that I can be found no matter what is very frightening. I'd much rather stay anonymous most often!

I can certainly see all the benefits it may have in the medical area, but I doubt that's the real motive for deploying this, it's like a great reason for the public to like it, which is why that feature's so publicized. The fact that a lot of thier advertising is also geared toward "finding alzhiemer's patients when they wander off" leads me to believe they have a lot of things planned for this chip's functionality, maybe even already built into it now, but not activated or made public yet.

I can totally see this as another step in the slow erosion of freedom. The way technology is moving, combined with everyone's reinspired fear or terrorism, I don't think we'll have to wait to long to see the ideas that will be presented for this technology.

BTW, It's all speculation! I'm really not trying to start a debate, just wondering what everyone else's take on it is.

13. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I thought the mark of the beast was the mark of the anti-christ? So the maker would then have to be the anti-christ? They don't fit it... they are dorks. The anti-christ has to get a fatal injury but he survives then he has to rise to power quickly and be well liked throughout all nations and be young, good looking, well educated and versed (yeah the chip makers are smart, but I don't think they fit any profile of of the rest).... not to mention playing for the 10 plots of land (joining together the world food source)..... plus we gotta have that world wide currancy going on.... so there's steps that gotta fall into place first.... granted the Euro scares me.... one step closer, and this middle east this scares me because of the fighting, someone could pop up anyday there fitting this profile about the injury.... but I think this chip was just someones idea about how to get info into homes..... it's a great idea when you think of it in the aspect of safety, but like I said too much big brother going on and you know any good would be turned into a way to track us so our government can use it.... and that is what scares me....! I'd say our government could be the anti-christ, but then again even satan has his standards.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

14. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

They are paving the way for the mark of the beast. I'm sure the people who created verichip have good intentions but I also think that it will be the technology used for the mark of the beast when the time comes. When it finally does become manditory I'm sure it will contain the anti christ's mark.

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm packing up and moving to a small island somewhere...

16. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

you or your children could already have it in you and not know it.
    vacinations
    here they are photo IDing and fingerprinting every elementary child at school, but it is just for 'safety'.

17. tRustyK5

My kid got printed and photographed...but all of that stays here in the house unless something bad happens. Then it can be provided to Johnny Law (heaven forbid) It's not like her prints or mugshot are on file anywhere...

Rene

18. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

were you there personally to ensure that.
    in my experience you recieve a copy at a later date not handed to you right there.
    so I really doubt that they didnt keep a copy.
    if your experience was different, and as they send it off to be laminated for you(oh thats why you need it for a week), then I am interested to hear it.

19. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

THE BEAST IS THE ANTI-CHRIST.
    this doesn't mean the guy tattooing the number on your farhed is the devil, just like religion says beezlbub is present all around us.
    the pope isn't God, but we take his message as God's.
    the maker of the veri-chip needn't be identified as the antichrist, just an earthly minion of Satan's.
    if you're in to that angle.
    and when your bank info is obtainable with the implants, then it becomes a form of currency.

20. tRustyK5

The prints were done at school in the presence of her teacher and the print card came back the same afternoon. One set on the card and that was it. Her picture is available to anyone with a camera...

I didn't have a problem with it, although I did have my concerns addressed before having it done.

Rene