Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The CK5 lev-o-gage's are in

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Dec 8, 2001.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The CK5 lev-o-gage\'s are in

The CK5 lev-o-gage's are now in stock and on the merchandise page, they come with the text ColoradoK5.com or "Pucker Factor", I slapped mine on my dash today.
    http://coloradok5.com/merchandise.htm

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Re: The CK5 lev-o-gage\'s are in

Sweet, I will be ordering one shortly!! [​IMG]

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

would that work if you put one on the door for climbing hills? one on the dash for tilt and one on the door for climbing? maybe i need 2 of them? just wondering, thanks.

"growin old is not for sissies"
    77k5 400/350/np203/stock for now

4. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I don't think the on on the door would work cuz it only goes to 45* I've put my truck to 65* or so going up hill. The one on the dash would be good to watch cuz most people fell unsure at 20*

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Cool! I'll be getting one soon.

For a blazer with 4" of lift and 12.50's...what angle should I start puckering?

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

6. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

when i order my new t-shirt and decals I'll order one of those too

hola

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You could tilt the gauge 25 degrees forward when you install it that way when you are climbing hills you would have 70 degrees of tilt index.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

8. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I would order one but doesnt go far enough for me. I am always on a 45 degree angle :)

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

9. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Can anyone give me an idea on how many degrees incline vetical and horizontal various modified k5s could withstand? How far have you guys gone?

79 Jimmy, 5" lift 35 M/T with a 383 puttin out 400hp and 450lb/ft. 4.11s Locked front and back.

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I'd guess I've gone around 65 or so. I don't know exactly, just guessing, but the hill I was climbing was really steep. I did that with a carb too.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

11. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

The hill I was climbing when I rolled was over 70 degrees. I didnt tip over, but I rolled because of the rear end breaking and the brakeline snapping under pressure, which casued me do drive horizontal on the incline, and when I lost momentum I rolled.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

12. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

What about on the horizontal plane? Im trying to picture what a 65 and 70 degree slope would look like. Im contemplating this hill climb at hollister hills and i think it would be pretty damn close to 70 degrees.

79 Jimmy, 5" lift 35 M/T with a 383 puttin out 400hp and 450lb/ft. 4.11s Locked front and back.

13. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Personally, I could care less about climbing angles other than from a purely academic standpoint. Those numbers are interesting only in the "I climbed a ??? degree hill with loose gravel...". If you do exceed your vehicles capabilities, you just start spinning and bouncing (or breaking things). Sometimes that might cause you to get sideways or otherwise get into trouble but there is generally no "oh my GOD!" point that I am concerned with exceeding as there is with off-camber hill traversal.

However, nose down is a different story. Nothing scares me like feeling the back end start to go over the nose! I have never been in an "endo" but I have been lucky enough to actually drive out of one that was truly "eminent" (it was *DEFINATELY* on it's way over). I've lain over on the side and rolled over (which is a bit unnerving) although never with a big hill and multiple roles. I was always more worried about damage than safety and I can deal with that. But that impending endo with enough steep "steps" below to result in multiple endos (probably 2 or 3) scared the @#$% out of me.

My point in this long explanation is that I would be much more interested in nose down angles than nose up...

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

14. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I've sat the truck on its trailer hitch with a 2 1/2 lift some where around 65+ degrees

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

15. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Some of you might be confused, these gauge's are for off-camber only (parallel to hill) not front to back (climbing a hill straight on). Here is a pic of me at about 33-34 degrees, I would say if I saw 45 degress it prolly would have been on my way over to the roof (it was wet as well). I like having one, I now know that I can at least hit 35 degrees without a problem so I feel a little better when I'm at 25-30 let's say. From what I have heard people say if your at 45 degrees you are right at the point where you may or may not roll, lots of factors in that senerio, weight, tire pressure, uneven surface etc..

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/temp/crapmypants.jpg>http://coloradok5.com/temp/crapmypants.jpg</a>

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

16. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

That's why I want one. I don't really want to roll it then say, "I guess I found my limit". I dont' want to roll it. So, if folks are saying it was getting pretty tipsy around 35 or 40 degrees, then when I'm offroading and it's getting real close to 35 or 40, I can look ahead to see if it's gonna get worse. Basically, I want one to prevent me from rolling it. I'm sure that's good for gold stars and bragging rights, but it's also a good way to destroy your rig, destroy another rig, or get hurt or killed. That's not haveing a good time to me.

As far as nose up and nose down, I think it's prolly easier to roll it on a nose down cause your motor is up front which is where a bunch of the weight is. Right now, my truck won't run at a steep enough incline or decline to worry about that [​IMG]

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

17. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Thats why i'm going to install sliding weights that slide horizonal directly below the body on a hydralic system. HAHA right!!!! - Doug

Doug Krebs

18. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

What sort of things affect stability when hill climbing?

19. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western

Damnit Steve, you come out with some cool stuff, BUT, right before Christmas. Wassupwidthat? Once the new year rolls around, then it's time for a hooded sweatshirt, another decal, a black cap, a black t-shirt (should you ever have those made), and..................
    But since I plan on being <font color=green>December's Giveaway Winner</font color=green>, then maybe I can get the stuff earlier...............

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

20. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

Just ordered one! Thanks Steve![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/k5junkie>My Photos</a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/jmargtx/index.html>My Webpage</a>