Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The computer question to end all computer questons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

How would I go about wiring more speakers to my computer? I have a set of California Audo speakers and a sub right now... But I want to put some speakers in other parts of the house so I can listen to my MP3s in, say, the kitchen, or my bedroom, or the bathroom, or the living room, or my parents room, or the dining room... But let's just say my bedroom. How would I go about wiring another set of speakers to the computer, and getting them to stretch about 6 feet to my room???

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i used to run cables from my laptop into my stereo reciever, and then go out from there.

give that a go

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You can get the single audio "out" from PC to RCA plug adapter at Radio Shack.

Bought a 30ft or so (long ways from my stereo) RCA cable, and ran it that way to the stereo. Very simple, just have the cables hooked up to the Laser Disk plugs on the receiver, and select that when I want to hear the MP3's.

4. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

i bought a pair of those 900 mhz headphones that go anywhere from the shack some time ago. worked pretty good. just get a splitter and hook them up like they are regular headphones and voila- music anywhere. you can also get cheap wireless broadcasters that can tx across the house at least. go wireless if you can afford it, otherwise just crank it up.