Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Connection...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Mar 15, 2007.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

anyone else ever read this book? Holy ****... amazing read so far. I am half way into it and there is no way that anyone could read this book and not come away believing that Saddam was in bed with all kinds of terrorists, including Al Queda... and aided terrorists from all over the world who wanted to attack US interests.

Until I read this book, I never knew, for example, that the guy who mixed the chemicals for the 1993 World Trade Center bombing was an Iraqi intelligence agency stooge. This guy made dozens of calls to Iraq from the US in the months before the bombing took place. When he was nabbed by the FBI, he acted all cooperative and stuff and gave them some info so they let him go. He promptly hauled ass back to Iraq by way of Jordan and was harbored and supported by Saddam from there. The date of the 1st WTC bombing? 2 years to the day from when Saddam had to get on the radio in Baghdad and tell his people that they were pulling out of Kuwait (ie that they had lost the Gulf War). Coincidence? I don't ****ing think so.

j

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Who wrote the book and what's his background?

3. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Dick Chaney

4. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I can't really read stuff like that AS it pisses me off and makes me want to hurt someone . If I was 10 years younger and not married I would reinlist JUST so I could go and waste these booger eaters :laugh: . I wonder though ? How much of the book is true and how much is propaganda :wink1: . I will have to check the used book places ( I hate buying new ) :o .

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Stephen Hayes wrote the book, he's a Weekly Standard writer. If you want a good laugh, do a search for him on the web... writing this book has brought down the wrath of the extreme left who have continually sought to destroy this guys rep ever since he started writing about this issue.

Its a joke. In the book Hayes is exceptionally guarded. When he has information that is from a 'suspect' source, he tells you as much... and why its suspect. When info is dead on, independantly reported by multiple sources etc he tells you that also. Some of this stuff is clearly circumstantial... others is clearly not. I have no problem with anything I have read in it thusfar, and its pretty hilarous to read about Isakoff (sp?) from Newsweek, clowns from the New York Slimes etc and other left wing nutballs are trying to trash this guy. Even if the book was a complete fabrication, Hayes doesn't have a chance of telling as many lies as the Slimes have. The NYT denied/downplayed both the jewish halocaust and the soviet gulag. They also help leak information about how the US government is trying to track terrorists. I'm sure that info is welcomed by the likes of Al Queda etc. Newsweek/NYT etc are definitely a reliable source. :rolleyes:

In the opening of the book, Hayes answers his critics rather effectively. They tend to pick one small aspect of the book... note that it is disputed (as opposed to proven wrong) by (insert some former intelligence/military guy here) and then proceed to dismiss the entire book. What a joke.

There are a lot of people out there who walk around thinking "Saddam was secular, he'd never work with Islamic terrorists"... these people probably have no idea that Saddam scheduled conferences for terrorists... in Baghdad, many times. These took place after his defeat in the first gulf war when he was both a) trying to find a way to strike back at the US and b) trying to bolster support for himself by using religon and religous fanatics to rebuild his image in the region. This information is absolutely undisputed by anyone and is 100% factual... and yet the media keeps spinning the story that he wouldn't work with terrorists. Saddam Hussein gave safe harbor to a large number of wanted international terrorists who killed Americans. Abu Abbas lived in Baghdad for years. This piece of human debris was the guy who ran the terrorist cell that hijacked the cruise ship (achille lauro) and is responsibly for shooting and killing Leon Klinghoffer (because his name sounded Jewish)... who was wheel chair bound... and not even Jewish. His body and chair were hurled off the side of the ship when Abbas was done with him. Saddam also harbored Abdul Rahman Yasin... the man who mixed the chemicals used to bomb the WTC in 1993, killing six and wounding thousands. These are just the highlights that we know about... there were a TON of other terrorists that Saddam harbored, trained, aided etc before he was removed also... and yet the media still subtley suggests that his secularism wouldn't allow that kind of collaboration... and ignorant people go on believing it.

j

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007