Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The coolest thing happened tonight.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Overkill, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

I was on my way to work tonight when I was cut off by a little ford ranger. No problem, I wasn't in a hurry so I just slowed down and followed his slow ass. 2 minutes later a van pulls up on my tail, and I mean right on my tail! I thought he was gonna hit me, but I couldn't speed up 'cause of the ranger in front of me. Anyway, long story short, I was being tailgated (very closely) by this van while coming into a construction area where they were doing night work on the road. Well as luck would have it there was a state trooper sitting in the median with his lights on, to warn traffic. When I got almost to him, I slowed down just a little bit more and put another 5 feet in between the ranger and myself. Well, when I did this the van following me got even closer, and was almost touching my bumper when we passed the trooper. About 30 seconds later I notice the van finally giving me some distance and It looked like he was running off the road. 10 seconds later I figured out why he backed off, he got pulled over, hehe. As he pulled over I noticed two state troopers with their light on behind him.
    And I always thought there is never a cop around when you need one. I guess there is always a first time for everything.

I am usually the one cussing the cops, but this time I actually was glad they were around, LOL. What a night.

Just thought I'd share a good experience.

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea that is pretty cool... one thing I do not stand for when I'm on the road is people tailgating me.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

If you don't mind dealing with insurance, that's when you slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a rabbit or something /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

I thought real hard about this as I could have done it right in front of the trooper and being in Fl it would have been all his fault, rabbit or no, hehe. But insurance would never pay for all the damage, the car I drive is old and nearly worthless (to insurance) so I didn't want to deal with it. It was tempting though.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I hate tailgaters.
    I was driving up road called the Mount Rose Highway being tailgeted by someone in a Red Ricer?(dont know what it was they all look the same to me). He did not have the power to pass. I was doing 5 mph over the speed limit and wasn't about to pull over.
    The guy was right on my tail and there was a big rock in the road. My 4x4 cleared it easily. I heard the impact when he hit it. He sure slowed down fast with that rock lodged under his front end. Scrach one ricer/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

LOL that would be funny :P

Look in the mirror and se a car stuck... Gettin ricers on yer ass sucks.. I was in my mom's truck (C-10) and a kid in a Honda pulled right up behind me, prolly only a few inches off the ground... I couldn't see him in the mirrors or when I looked behind... Figgered he drove under me, but he popped up when I drove away, listening to his engine roar /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I drive 52 miles to and from work and for some damn reason I get tailgated almost everyday.
    The speed limit is 55 and usualy I am doing 65 or so which is fast enough for me in the K5.
    I had one that kept hitting his high beams and I was in a rotten mood last night.
    It is pouring rain as it is and I just dropped into 2nd and let him have it at 65.
    [censored] passed me on a corner and damn near ate a semi.
    Then I got to play high beam man. right on his ass.
    He pulls over after a mile of this crap and I am right behind him. I mean right on his bumper and I am reving to 5K on and off.
    he never got out and I just pulled up beside him and sat.
    Reving to 5K and and lookin at him.
    I flicked on the PA and said "the big ugly rig always wins".
    A couple of weeks ago was cool too.
    Same thing on the way to work but we are getting to Columbia City where it is 50MPH and they mean it.
    Guy in a Pretty Cruiser with the gold trim is riding my butt and as soon as it gets to a double lane he blasts past.
    I get around the corner and a Trooper has him pulled over.
    There was no one behind me so I slowed way down and as he was lookin at me all pissed off, I waved and flipped him off.
    Laughin my butt off the whole time.
    I think after last nights incedent I am going to put my 100 watt back up lights back on and wire them with a switch.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I usually slam on my brakes if the wife and kids aren't riding with me... If I were in that situation and driving the K5, I very likely would have (tailpan's rotted, it'd be a shame if it got smacked up and had to be replaced by a body shop)...

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I think after last nights incedent I am going to put my 100 watt back up lights back on and wire them with a switch.

<hr></blockquote>
    I have these hung from my bumper!! I use them to friendly-flash people with thier brights on that are blinding me from behind, and as a weapon in aggressive situations; tailgating, intentional brighting, "move" flashers...

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I've got some lights mounted in the back, but what I usually do is go onto the shoulder a little bit to kick up some rocks....."oops! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif"

10. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

be carefull about your brake hitting with tailgaters, especialy if:

1. you suspect they might be drunk
    2. you're doing 90
    3. there's nothing in the median between your side of the freeway, and the other side...

back in my Uber Angsty days as a 19 year old, I had a pet bird that, died. so, I was out on burrial detail at 1bout 11 PM at night, heading for the edge of town. so, here I am doing 90 in the car pool lane, only 3 other people within visible distance, and this asshat pulls up behind me steadily gaining on me, until I can no longer see his headlights over my tailgate... now, this was back when I absolutly hated tailgaters, and would do whatever I could to get them away. add this to the fact I was really quite upset at losing my bird, some depression, and whatnot, and I snapped... not in a horrendous way, and actually not as bad as I have in other situations... I let off the gas, then eased slowly on the brakes... the clear night, and rumble of the engine was shattered by the sound of them pegging thier brakes and slidding all over hell and creation... they fishtailed to the left, over corrected, fished right, really over corrected, and then dissapeared into the bushes along the median.... I saw him in my side mirror re-appear on the other side, and slide clear accross the on coming 5 lanes, fortunately as empty as my side was, they missed the 2 cars they could have potentialy hit... so, I pulled over, jumped out, and stood on the concrete barrier at a bridge, and looked over to make sure no one was dead, then went about my business.

any time someone flashes me with thier high beams while I am rocketing anywhere at what can only be assumed as full out criminal speeding, I generaly reach down to the trailer brake, and tap the switch in time to any flashing they might deem neccisary. on my particular setup, this triggers the brake lights, but leaves me running at full speed. I'll generaly pull over if there's no one in the next lane ( california courtesy driving) or they aren't being an obnoxious ass about the whole thing.

I plan to mount some `backup helper lights' on the rear bumper of my sub, which will be good stuff to take care of any jerks who think the brights are thier god given right to blind me with.

-Rich

11. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

some idiot was behind me a few weeks ago with his brights on, it was a 1 lane highway. I just let him pass, and the ngave him my brights...the lights by themselves are probably bad enough - right at his rearview level - pretty soon he pulled over and let mae pass...and started messing with his lights trying to figure out how to turn the brights off I guess.

12. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

The only time I hate tailgaters is when I do not have another lane to move into or when there is enough traffic that it would not do them any good for me to get over. I am constantly watching my mirrors and on the rare occasion when some actually catches up to me, I see them coming and move over for them. Why? Because I am usually the one who wants to go faster and I know how aggravating it can be trying to get past some @$$hole going the same speed in the left lane as the guy in the right lane when there is nothing but open road in front of them. Slower Traffic Keep Right. If this means me I move to the right. However, if there is no right then I get really annoyed at tailgaters and usually down shift so there are no brake lights to warn them.