Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The crazy lady at work...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Here's some info about the lady before I tell you the latest:

This 45 year old lady works the audit at the hotel. She is a collector of stuff. Newspapers, stamps, leftover steak from the coffee shop, cats, styrofoam cups, greenbar paper, and other bits and pieces of stuff. She's also brought to work about 3 pairs of pants for me that don't fit, and a nice pair of gloves that I actually use, and a couple model trucks that I couldn't put together to save my life.

One night I had to go to her house and wake her up because she didn't show up for work. I parked in the alley because her 65 Dodge pickup that doesn't run was parked in front of her house. I couldn't have made it to her front door anyway, because there is a treadmill on the stairs and boxes upon boxes of stuff on the porch. So I park in the alley and follow the little path in the stuff to her back door. As I'm standing there banging on the door, I casually inspect the back yard and driveway. Car seats, boxes of stuff, a nice green caddy that doesn't run, at least three bed frames, and of course her white daihatsu that runs somehow. That car is filled to the ceiling with stuff, the rear end sags almost to the ground, and she says there's a stuffed badger in her trunk.

I was kind of disappointed so far. My boss was telling me that she didn't show up for work once before, so she went to her house herself and saw about 20 cats scatter. I haven't seen a single cat, although there is one meowing at me from the other side of the door. I keep banging and screaming her name. She finally comes to the door and about 5 cats run outside. She apologizes profusely and I go on my merry way. I wonder what the inside of her house looks like. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

She never goes home. Her shift ends at 7 am, and she can usually be found until 2-4 pm hanging out in the employee cafeteria, sleeping in a chair by the employee pay phone, or doing laundry in lodge 2.

Yesterday she was still there at about 4:30. She walked up to me and said she had something for me that I might like. I said what's that? and she said You'll see, I'll go get it. She comes back a few minutes later with a softball sized ball of rubber bands, wrapped in a piece of plastic wrap, surely used previously.

"I thought you'd get a kick out of it" she says. So I'm like that's frickin sweet, dude, and I go put it in my truck because the woman is sure the boss would take it away if she saw it.

I like rubber band balls, but man... This lady is just crazy... I'll type up a post about another crazy old lady at work sometime, because there sure are plenty of them at Little America Hotel. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Swap her the rubber band ball for the caddy /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow I always wanted one of those /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I think see wants you /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I agree /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Uhhhhhhhhh I think you're talking about my aunt, seriously.......

What's her first name

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Her name's Phyllis... She lives by the Civic Center and she also lives in the future oversized monstrosity of a parking lot for the oversized monstrosity of a public library that will be built eventually...

And I don't think she wants me, it's the at least 50 year old spanish speaking woman who wears too much makeup that wants me... More on that later, I'm off to eat some prime rib at Sharis... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

She totally wants you. Who has a badger in thier trunk?

9. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

is she hot?

pics?

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It isnt my aunt then

Say hi to Robert if you're off to the proper Shari's

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Bah, I took off right after posting that... I said hi to my lovely server though /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and got a source in town for some Goodyear Wranglers cheap... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I got the end of the prime rib... Still good, but not much meat... I was tempted to send it back and say give me a real piece of meat...

And I also got a lead on a cool-sounding job that pays $7.25 to start, with raises starting after a month... Testing NASA crap in an old missile silo /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif My friend's going to hook me up with an application next week, and if I am able to get my lift installed and some good tires in the next 3 weeks I've got a wheeling trip on a new trail if I'm not working /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif