Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The D60 is home...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Shaggy, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I brought it home from my Mom's house, it's all warm and happy in my garage now. Got the gears and ARB all set up, now I just need to get the 35 spline outers and new u-joints attached to the inner shats and get it assembled from the knuckles out. If I bust my as on Tuesday night I might get it done then. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Right on dude. So you might be going to pismo now? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Did ya take .005" shim outta the pinion? You calling it good now?

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

damn...you got any pics of your build up? sounds like you are building a truggy or somthang cool /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> We tried pulling .005 out of the pinion but it got worse, so we put it back where it was and used a tool that my step-dad made to measure the pinion depth. It was only .0005 off of what was engraved on the pinion, so we called it good, set up the ARB and buttoned it up. Hopefully it will hold up, if not then I guess I'll be doing this again soon. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Zakk - no truggy or anything, but it's going to be built pretty well. Full bodied K10 with heavily cut fenders, Full 35 spline D60 w/ ARB, 14b FF welded, 5.13s. 6" spring lift with zero rates in the front to move the axle 1.5" forward, total lift should be around 7.5-8". Gonna be running 42s on custom Hummer wheels. Also working on a York On board air system and some other goodies. It's quite a little project, I'm aiming to have it back on the trails by January. There's alot of pics in my webshots albums, I have quite a few more that aren't up in there because Webshots changed the policies and now I need to pay to put more pics up. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif If you want to see it you're welcome to come over and help me hang the axles under it.

No Pismo for me, but once it's back on the road I will be itching to take a run down there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Nice setup. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My K5's drivetrain should be identical to yours by the end of next month... hopefully if everything comes together.

6. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Shaggy, I've got some short tires on 8 lug wheels if you need to use them to get it out under the garage door. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Thanks Bruce, the axles came with some roached 33s on rims though, so I should be good. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>