Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The danger of Alcohol, rugby and stupidity

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Feb 8, 2005.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

LONDON (Reuters) - A Welsh rugby fan cut off his own testicles to celebrate Wales beating England at rugby, the Daily Mirror reported Tuesday.

Geoff Huish, 26, was so convinced England would win Saturday's match he told fellow drinkers at a social club, "If Wales win I'll cut my balls off," the paper said.

Friends at the club in Caerphilly, south Wales, thought he was joking.

But after the game Huish went home, severed his testicles with a knife, and walked 200 yards back to the bar with the testicles to show the shocked drinkers what he had done.

Huish was taken to hospital where he remained in serious condition, the paper said.

Wales's 11-9 victory over England at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff was their first home win over England in 12 years.

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

if u looked up hardcore in the dictionary there should be a pic of a rugby fan, they are the most fanatic fans any where in the world

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

So they're the most fanatic fanatics around? :p:

4. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I know, try drinking with them... I didn't last long

Damn South Africans.

5. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

we do like to drink a lot. after all we are a drinking team with a rugby problem. and if you want to be offended, listen to us sing our songs.
    rugby, elegant violence. :cool1:

6. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

yeah i read that after i posted it & started to change it, sounds pretty dumb. left the puter & forgot about it, so it is still there.

7. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'd take that with a pinch of salt if I were you! Haven't seen anything in the papers over here about it.

I know the Welsh are a strange bunch (no offence Thomas) but even a Welshman wouldn't cut his own balls off. He may cut someone elses off but not his own!!:grin:

8. cbbr

9. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

what? ya'll dont support your local hookers?

10. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

prop sir, why is that sir, because i support a hooker, you support a hooker, we all support hookers together.....

11. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok it's true...the Welsh really are nuts (but two less now). It's in the papers here yesterday so he really did do it!

Apparently he was on some medication that he shouldn't have mixed with alchohol.......no sh*t Sherlock!!:grin:

12. cbbr

If he lived here, he would sue the doctor and make $$$. Still wouldn't have any balls, so it just doesn't seem like a good trade. :thinking:

13. 4wood

4wood 1/2 ton status

who's a rugger

who all out there plays rugby? what position and for how long?

I play lock for the team here at Georgia Tech.

14. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

scrum sir

I'm a lock been playing on and off since '98.

Cheers

15. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

fullback for Tulane University Rugby Football Club going on 4 years. I have a match tomorrow too. time to sleep.

we ruck, we maul, we drink 'till we fall

16. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

Wales,balls,rugby,history !!! PS>>BEER and ale !!

:cool1:
    I would have to say the guy that cut off his balls ,had [past tense] alot of BALLS . Its too bad that he doest have any of those balls today !![OUCH !!!] I believe that a bet is a bet,and ...balls are ...well.. yours and not ever included in any bet !!!! I hope that he he is ok and still able to have kids one day !!!! :bow:
    I will have to say that both of my parents are from South Wales ,just down the road 10 minutes were his balls lay on the ground !!! Caerphilly is know for its castle "Caerphilly Castle" and its cheese .The town is VERY close to alot of coal mines too .My dad and my uncle both worked in the coal mines . Uncle for all of his life and my dad for only a few years .The jobs there in Wales were not very good there and the whole town was supported by the villagers working in the pit .A good example is the old flim "How green is my valley".The term "buddy" came from 2 miners working in as small space and having their "buttys" together picking coal out.
    The Welsh contrabution to the United States has been very big .....If you think back when people came over in the early centry...They mostly came from ;England,Scotland,Wales,Ireland .Alot of important people came from Wales that were icons in american life .
    A few quick facts are..;...OF all the people that signed the Declaration of Independence,16 were Welsh .The jolly roger flag is from wales .The two brothers ,that started Jack Daniels and Southern Comfort .... Where from Wales ...My dad laughts and and said that the recipe that makes Jack Daniels , was in Wales 85 years before it came to the states and dad said that it was a common recipe and everyone had it !!! Captain Morgan [Rum] was from Wales .Tom Jones grew up VERRY close to Caerphilly.There are more castles per sq mile then other place in Europe .The Welsh language is the oldest spoken language in Europe .My dads Uncle sold a pub to Sir Anthony Hopkins [actor] that is in Carmarthen ,South Wales .Cathern Zeta Jones has a new house in Cardiff and is Welsh .The stones that are in Stonehenge came from Wales .The best beer I found in the UK was S.A.Brains on tap in Cardiff Bay . Alot people came over here to Pennsylvania to work in the coal mines .ETC....
    The best places in Wales I have been to see ; Tenby,Cardiff,Machen,Crickhowell,The Big Pit [coal mine]in Blaenafon ,St. Fagans museum of old welsh life and Brecons Beacons .
    Genealogy is a big thing and there is web sites that can help you find your kin .Alot of the sites;the people are in Wales that will help .
    If anyone is intrested in more facts about Wales ....,Check out WWW.famouswelsh.com