Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The dark side calls... turning up the wick

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by BadDog, Mar 2, 2004.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Some of you may my past posts on how I love my DMax/Allison and it's ability to walk up most grades in OD at 75+ while running a GCVW of around 15-16k.

Well, the new finally wore off, and the desire for more power kicked in (is there such a thing as “enough”?). I now have a “box” and gauges (125 Juice/Attitude), high flow UNI breather, and I expect I’ll be adding a larger open exhaust soon. According to published independent dyno runs on identical cofigs, I’m currently running around 450 rwhp and roughly 750 ft/lbs of torque (reported dyno numbers vary but the Juice usually produces more than advertised). /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif All I can say is OMFG this thing hauls ass! The 4" exhaust will not really help the power much, but it will reduce the EGTs when towing and make the turbo spool faster. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Some of you may my past posts on how I love my DMax/Allison and it's ability to walk up most grades in OD at 75+ while running a GCVW of around 15-16k.

Well, the new finally wore off, and the desire for more power kicked in (is there such a thing as “enough”?). I now have a “box” and gauges (125 Juice/Attitude), high flow UNI breather, and I expect I’ll be adding a larger open exhaust soon. According to published independent dyno runs on identical cofigs, I’m currently running around 450 rwhp and roughly 750 ft/lbs of torque (reported dyno numbers vary but the Juice usually produces more than advertised). /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif All I can say is OMFG this thing hauls ass! The 4" exhaust will not really help the power much, but it will reduce the EGTs when towing and make the turbo spool faster. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I just pictured you looking like your avatar after driving your truck with it's new found power.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Juice = /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

It is unbelievable the difference it makes

John

4. BadDog

Hehe, I can light all 4 on the high setting by just pushing up on the converter to spool the turbo. Not that I would know of course, just guessing... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif In 2 wheel drive (G80) the back tires can be ignited pretty much at will from a standing stop.

That was running high with low boost fueling on 5 and defuel only on 4-5 shift.

For now, level 2 (LBF on 3) is where I'm running for "every day" it till I get a larger exhaust... Still, the difference is WOW. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

What the hell are you guys talking about? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. BadDog

7. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i need something like that for my 6.0 /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Amazing stuff. 14's at 5300 ft here. With 35" Swamps 6" lift Monster exh, intake and stuff and stuff.. Amazing a truck mines size can move like that. Whats best is when those ricers try to cut in front of you and you give it a little so they can't /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Heck I tow the passes and it will stay in OD set on #2. Take out the chip=slug on passes.

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

As if I didn't have enough reasons to upgrade to the DD and Allison