Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the dark tower

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by delta9blazer, Oct 17, 2002.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

anybody read these? i've read the first two, i'm looking for 'the wastelands'.
    are there any more after that one?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've read them. Good series !!!! Roland is so kewl !!! I can't remember if there is a 4th book or not.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I read the second book (I think... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) I really thought it was cool. Pretty different for King, probably one of his best IMHO. I want to read the others now.

Rene

4. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

yeah, definitely one of my faves. that and the stand. a much better book than movie, IMO.
    i just finished reading the regulators, and now i'm 'bout halfway through desperation.
    weird, even for king.
    i had a hard bound copy of all of his books (gerald's game was the last one), but i lost most of them in one of my moves when i was younger. too bad, i re-read them often.

anybody read clive barker? now there's a weirdo.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Of all the books i've read the only ones I collect and re-read are Robert Heinlein.

Someone had lent me the Darktower book I read and I meant to check the other ones out and just never got around to it. I definitely want to read them though!

Steven King books are usually really good, but the movie versions blow chunks 90% of the time. Needful things was a great book and a really lame movie...

Christine was good in print and as a movie which is pretty rare... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

6. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

There are only 3 right now. I read The Wastelands in a weekend. It was excellent. I might have to go reread them it's been a long time. Read the first one in '91 in Saudi.

Brett /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

7. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Excellent series, read 'em all! It si different for King, but just as good or better than his "typical" stuff.

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I'm an avid Stephen King fan! There are 4 in the Dark Tower series to date:

The Gunslinger
    The Drawing of the Three
    The Wastelands
    Wizard & Glass

His new novel, Black House, also makes references to the Dark Tower series. Lots of his novels are interconnected in some way which is why he is so cool /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif According to the Stephen King website, the 5th in the Dark Tower series will be out soon!!

Yes, I'm a dork /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

good series but it really streched out to long time wise. i remember reading the first one in the bahamas during a rain strom years ago. i have all of the books but im gonna have to re read them to refresh my memory. something about a train ride in the last one i read still bounces around my mind from time to time. it seems i enjoy kings other books more than his horror books. ones like the green mile and such.

craig