Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Detroit Project....SUVs Support Terrorism

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by johnny reb, Jan 9, 2003.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

Has anyone seen these ads yet? What a bunch of bullsh*t! Our K5s aren't SUVs but I'm sure we don't the gas mileage that a Furd Explorer gets. Therefore, we are supporting terrorism. Can't find an email address to sound off.

The Detroit Project

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I haven't seen the ads yet but I heard 2 of them on the radio last night. They sounded like they were parodies but I guess some screwy goofball (Arianna Huffington) actually thinks she is providing us all a service by "informing " us that "oil dollars do, actually, finance a spreading slick of evil in the world today?"

I wonder why she ignors the fact that we (the USA) import a little less than 20% of our oil from all Persian Gulf countries combined.

Since that leaves more than 80% of our oil coming from other places (primarily Venezuela) does that mean that Venezuelans are terrorists?

We could take that stupid argument 1 step further and say that since we buy so many goods from China (more $$$ than oil) we are Communists and we support worker exploitation?

I think it's just another rant by a misguided idiot with too much spare time on her hands.

I like my Suburban, it's the only type of truck (big 4x4) that can take my family, me and my stuff to the places we like to go.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Let's take this a step closer to reality.

1. I support terrorism by driving a K5 that consumes gasoline.
    2. I support terrorism by driving a Pontiac that consumes gasoline.
    3. I support terrorism by driving a Dodge that consumes gasoline.
    4. I support terrorism by using oil heat in my home.
    5. I support terrorism by using electricity generated by engines consuming diesel fuel. I would also support terrorism if I used Electricity generated by nuclear power, by participating in the production of nuclear waste used in nuclear weapons, potentially providing more material for terrorists if ever stolen.
    6. I support terrorism when riding a ferry that consumes diesel fuel.
    7. I support terrorism when riding a bus that consumes diesel.
    8. I support terrorism when buying an airline ticket and paying a fuel surcharge.

Social terrorism support:
    9. I support terrorism by living in, supporting, and positively participating in a country that pisses off muslim extremists that want to execute terrorist activity against it. Confused?
    10. I support terrorism by using money to purchase products instead of bartering objects that don't have a common appeal to all people. Since money is braodly appealing and desired, it can be used by an individual or a group to acquire innumerable products, materials, or services, therefore the existence of money supports terrorism.
    11. I support terrorism by not giving a $--+ about terrorists motives or causes.
    12. I support terrorism by participating in the internet.
    13. I support terrorism by participating in society.
    14. I support terrorism by voting. If I wasn't free to vote, they might hate us less.
    15. I supported terrorism by returning to work in New York City September 12th 2001. And I hope it pissed 'em off good.

My point is, they hate us enough to find a way to fund themselves. Even if the mideast collapsed economically, they would find a way to finance.
    I don't even think the claim is remotely justified in it's segregation.
    It's blatently a focused attack on SUV's. It's such a weak argument to say suv's consume more gas so they support terrorism, so it's obviously someone ticked off about SUV's. I personally hate 90% of the suv's out there, and think most of them on the road are status symbols only, but I don't think they should be banned. Well, maybe the Fords...

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Here is the link to the site that started this whole mess...

http://www.americansforfuelefficientcars.org/

Someone please write these people, and tell them they are insane. I want proof of what each and every one of them drive EVERY DAY. What a BS cop out.... blaming SUVs for terrorism. Sweet Jesus... what next?

-Dan

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just emailed the bitchass about it !!!!!!! Below is a copy of the email I sent: ............................................................................ ................................................................................................. Are you really that missguided to think SUV's suport terroeists ????
    Less then 20% of the oil this country imports comes from the middle
    east. So in your views, do people who ride the public buses also suport
    terrorists ???? Those things use alot of fuel !!!! How about the people
    who fly on jet airplains ??? Any idea how much fuel one of those burns
    ???? How about our goverment, they have road crews with those generators
    that use fuel, not to mention the US Military with all it's Tanks,
    Trucks, Planes, ...ect. The list goes on and on. I don't drive one of
    those newer SUVs, I drive a old Chevy 4X4, but it doesn't get the
    greatest gas milage either, so I guess I suport the terrorist in your
    views also. I'm so sick of people like you whinning about vichiles that
    don't get ultra high MPG. I work hard for my money, and if I want a big
    V-8 powered vichile, isn't that my choice ??? If the Middle East was
    totally broke, no one buying thier oil, the terrorist would still find
    money to fund their actions. Stop blaming it on SUV's !!!!!!!!!

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Rip A$$! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

What's their e-mail? I looked at some of the site and could not find it. I wanna make fun of em too dammit!

8. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

just another good reason to go after the terrorists not change are hobbies or things we drive or way of living.besides they are the the ones supporting terrorists with all that crack they"re smokin".

9. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Good one , Ratch.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Amen! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

13. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

i sent mine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifto the destoyers of american freedom association. crazy commies /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

man, that is well said..
    i agree
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

A month or so ago there was a similar discusion, I thought it was in this forum but I could not find it. It was about SUV's. Anyone know where that post is? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

found it, never mind

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I just watched the Daily Show today, they called this like it is. If you can, watch it tonight, it should be re-run at around 11p I think on comedy central.

Some of the lines used were:
    1. We should all drive those hybrid gas/electric cars, so we're only supporting terrorism when going up hills.

Bah, there was more, but I gotta change my boy's diaper, the wife unit is giving me crap... Literally...

They also made fun of the commercials saying drug users support terror, those were kind of funny too.