Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the difference in rims...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by silver, Sep 11, 2002.

1. silver

silver Registered Member

I'm looking into getting some new rims, should get 15x8 or 15x10???

thanks,
    Grant

2. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

what size tires. and for looks or wheeling?? personaly i like anything in a 12.50 and wider on a 10" wheel. or if it's gonna be flexing a lot a 12.50 on a 8" wheel is good because it's a little narrower and will "stuff" better in the wheelwell. but for looks a 10" will give it that wide, mean look. if its anything smaller than 12.50 wide, 8"

keith

3. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

That all depends on the size tire you plan to run. It also has a little to do with how you want it to look.

anything larger than 12.50 wide you would most likely be better off with a 10in or larger rim.

Anything 12.50 wide and smaller on 10in rims takes a little more pressure normally to keep the tire riding right and you also can't air down quite as much.

Right now I have 32x 11.50 on 10in rims and it makes them appear slightly bigger than they really are but are actually a little shorter than if they were on an 8in rim.

Hope that helps...