Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Dixie Chicks Have Reached a New Level of Suckness

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I don't even listen to the tree hugging airheads even more, don't care how fawking good they are.

[ QUOTE ]
    NASHVILLE, Tennessee (March 14) - The Dixie Chicks are drawing harsh words from country music fans for remarks singer Natalie Maines made about President Bush during a recent performance in London.

Maines told the audience earlier this week, ``Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas.''

Angry phone calls flooded Nashville radio station WKDF-FM on Thursday, some calling for a boycott of the Texas trio's music.

The group released a statement Thursday saying they have been overseas for several weeks and ``the anti-American sentiment that has unfolded here is astounding. While we support our troops, there is nothing more frightening than the notion of going to war with Iraq and the prospect of all the innocent lives that will be lost.''

In a separate statement Thursday, Maines said, ``I feel the president is ignoring the opinion of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world. My comments were made in frustration, and one of the privileges of being an American is you are free to voice your own point of view.''

The Dixie Chicks will kick off a U.S. tour in support of their multi-platinum album ``Home'' on May 1 in Greenville, South Carolina. The group's hits include ``Wide Open Spaces,'' ``Ready to Run'' and ``Landslide.''

03/14/03 11:45 EST

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[ QUOTE ]
    Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm originally from TX and I'd bet I'm more ashamed that THEY are from TX than they are Bush is. Stupid Biotches!

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Yep they officialy suk now. I do like there music but I'll never buy another CD.

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

You mean there was a point of time when they didn't suck? Glad you came around to my way of thinking. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif This will probably be a career killer. Country music fans are usually a patriotic group

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

ya'll should hear the talk down here, ohhhh that bitch did it this time. If they catch here around lubbock, (where she's from) there's gonna be a witch burning.

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Yup, the word over here on Fort Hood is that they won't be allowed back in the State!!!!!! They're thinking of baning them from all the radio stations too! I could care less, There's alot better songs to be heard....."Have You Forgotten"

Why Yes She Has! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You mean there was a point of time when they didn't suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thinking.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    "Have You Forgotten"

[/ QUOTE ]
    Heard it for the first time today. Love it.

9. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Damn good song, I've got to get it when it comes out on CD, it might have already, but I don't go CD shopping much anymore! Anyone know the name of the albumn that song is on? by the way, the British are all throwing away there Dixie Cup Cds, saw it on the news... Pretty funny, I think they're in for a major hurten! Personally I don't care how much they apoligze, they F***ed themselves! Guess they didn't want to sell anymore CDs /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif!

10. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

I just got back from the Toby Keith concert and he made a couple references to the Yankee Chicks, nice chorus of boos from a packed house. Country stations here seem to be cuttin back on the airplay for them too. Doesn't bother me though makes room for better music.

11. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You mean there was a point of time when they didn't suck? Glad you came around to my way of thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely...that was a good way to not have to listen to them on the radio anymore!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. aahomerepair

aahomerepair Registered Member

ya but they are back tracking now and taking the statement back,like that make's a dam they are one more group of people that have been added to my list that can kis my ass
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    boil the lard off that scagg /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif if it is good for the french then let's boycott
    the dixie chicks too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    GOOD!!!! Maybe the country stations will quit playing that damn traveling soldier song... that thing is one hell of a POS as far as songs go.

14. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    GOOD!!!! Maybe the country stations will quit playing that damn traveling soldier song... that thing is one hell of a POS as far as songs go.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Dixie Cups do the Nashvegas version...The song was written by Bruce Robison who is the younger brother of Charlie Robison who is married to Emily of the DC's....
    Bruce (and wife Kelly Willis) do a believable version of the song, but since they are on a small independent Austin record label, the song went nowhere (he also wrote Angry All The Time)

Nashvegas F***'s Up a lotta really good music...even if you don't care for that Type of music, the Soldier song I think makes a poignant statement about War in general and how it touches the lives of people we don't know as well some of those we do....and sometimes we don't even realize it...Robison is not an Angry guy....just my .02...

I don't like most of the stuff done by any of those groups led by some middle school dropout with rings in his nose, lips, and eyebrows and has hair that looks like his Daddy got drunk and F***ed a parrot......just another .02....

In my day we had Hanoi Jane...I still won't watch Anything she does and I won't buy anything she promotes...

Funny how it goes ... as different as each generation is, the more we are all the same in the long run... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't like most of the stuff done by any of those groups led by some middle school dropout with rings in his nose, lips, and eyebrows and has hair that looks like his Daddy got drunk and F***ed a parrot......just another .02....

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get written permission to show this here? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Anyway, I've always thought they sucked ass. Their last video, I can't remember the name of it, the heifer they call a lead singer had the reminiscent Aguilera hair from the Moulin Rouge video. Didn't really suit her. I also LOATHE the song "long time gone". Her voice gets on my last damn nerve. And what's up with the pregnant chick showing off the pudge. I mean, it was cool in one video, but not all of them! I'm glad the two-faced Dixie Tricks might get banned. They need to go sew their balls back on.

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you get written permission to show this here?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Let the AP go crying to the UN and get a resolution slapped on my a**! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I'd still do 'em

19. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd still do 'em

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

Liking someone does not preclude having great sex with them.

20. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

one of the stations here replaced every dixie bitch song in thier line up with "have you forgotten" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif everyone's callin in and tellin them that its awesome and to keep them off the air.

BTW, i can only imagine how bad it is in texas. its bad enough here. i love it! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif