Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Dr. just gave me a shot in the spine!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, May 5, 2005.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

And for the first time in 25 years I'm back pain free.... :saweet: I have 2 herniated disks and severe arthritis, chronic back pain since I was 10, so the Doc gave me an injection of cortizone in the base of my spine...Un****ingbelievable, I'm supposed to go and get 2 more 2 weeks apart and I can do this once a year. So anyone who might suffer from the same thing as me, I highly recomend it.... :D

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

How did you find this? Is this new treatment or something?

I have been damn near crippled all week from working in the yard last sunday, I would love to get this. I've had chronic back pain since I was in my teens, not as bad you sound. I wonder if I'd be bad enough to qualify for it. I guess I should get a doctor...

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I had to get an MRI and then get sent to a Rheumatologist, Ratch I gots ta tell ya dood it's too freakin cool to feel no pain, I've had pain every single day for 25 years and just had to deal with it, if these shots only last for a few days each it will be well worth it... :grin:

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I am going through this right now. This is the process according to my docter. You have to go through the whole thing:

First you must be on anti inflammatories for a couple weeks.
    Then 4-6 weeks of physical therepy.
    After that you go for an MRI and the shot.
    If that fails, you either suck it up or get surgery.

Glad to hear the shot worked for you fumes! :cool1: I am in physical therepy now, and it hasn't done ****!

5. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem. 1 disk though. I went in and tried physical therapy and got injections to numb the pain and everything else they could try I think. It helped for a few weeks but then it came back. I had the disk removed a year ago and never looked back. Feel great now. I still do not have full 100% movement of my neck and it is a little stiff sometimes but nothinbg like it was. I feel your pain man trust me. Glad the shots are working good luck with it in the future.

6. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

There are a few different kind of injections, a company hyalgon is probably the best from what i've seen ( i work for a orthopeadic surgeon ), all the patients seem to really be pain free for a while after the injection. It's a hydrocortisone (sp?), there is also an injection that they used in the army that had some kind of steroid in it and would go directly into the joint space, again, seemed to stay pain free for a while, but i've not seen it used in the civilian side. From what they said there's a bit of soreness for a few days, but after that it's all good, the people who got the steroid in the army complained of alot of pressure and a bit uncomfortable for a few days, but they all said they'd continue to do it!! They also shoot shoulders, hips and knees, so it's not just backs if anyone else has pain!!!

7. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The down side in the past to have a disk removed is the spinal fusion that came with it. They now have artificial disks. You should have much better range of motion afterwards as they don't have to fuse the spine. Now that's good stuff!

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Started to feel sore lastnight, but still no back pain , as far as feeling the pressure when they did it, uhhh yeah, it felt like someone drove a truck up onto my ass... :D