Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Drive Home .The Saga Continues................

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Thunder, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Well Greg72 just called. Wanted me to post up what happened so people who were expecting him wouldn't worry.
    About 25 miles from Salt Lake City Ut. Willyswanter's (I think) rig lost a wheel. The weld broke and the rim came off from the center.
    Everyone's Ok. They got stopped and no damage was done. They found a tire store and got a used wheel and stuff and got things fixed up and should be back on their way by now.

I was looking forward to meeting everyone but it looks like they are not going to make Elko tonight.
    They were going to stay somewhere outside of SLC.
    I'll post up if I hear anything else
    Good Luck Guys!

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Good to hear they are all ok. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn, glad to hear everyone is ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Ouch! Glad to hear that everyone is OK though. It'll be interesting to see what kind of wheel he was running that broke like that.

Isn't the next stop "somewhere outside of SLC" called Wendover, Nevada? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I don't recall there being much between those 2 towns. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I believe he is running Hummer beadlocks.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah he is running the bead locks. The outside completly seperated from the center at the welds /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.
    Gald everything turned out ok for them. Apparently they found a very understanding tire shop. Who let them borrow tools and stuff needed to get theings together. Did not charge them much $$$$ either /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Not sure where they are staying tonight. Greg thout maby they could make Wendover and camp in the desert outside of town.

7. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

That sounds like fun, here's a picture of Greg72 and Willyswanter etc. loading a D60 onto Greg's trailer this morning before the troubles.
    [​IMG]
    They're all hiding under Gregs blazer /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah he is running the bead locks. The outside completly seperated from the center at the welds /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.
    Gald everything turned out ok for them. Apparently they found a very understanding tire shop. Who let them borrow tools and stuff needed to get theings together. Did not charge them much $$$$ either /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Not sure where they are staying tonight. Greg thout maby they could make Wendover and camp in the desert outside of town.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, he runs the DANIEL"S USA6x6 modified hummer bead locks.
    I guess that means I will be thinking twice before I buy those, I only intend to trailer it since 52"michelins aren't to my knowledge DOT approved but I would want to make sure that doesn't happen on th rocks either.
    /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

keep us posted... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Greg Tony and Jason just left Elko Nv.
    They called me this morning round 8:00 and said they were in town. I met them at Mcdonalds for a good healthy breakfast /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    They were all in good shape /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And after Greg picked up a new tire for his trailer they hit the road.
    It was great meeting those guys and checking out their rigs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I dont think I would want to be running those Daniels USA 6x6 wheels. I checked out the broken one Jason had /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    In my opinnion they were Bad /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Kind of sloppy welds no penatration /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I would definatly think twice or more about running them. I could see having problems with the bead lock part on the highway. But broken welds are just bad workmanship.

***** /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Holy Smokes /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif This is my 2000th post****
    Fron Blubie to Post Whore in less than 2 weeks /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Damn, I had premonitions about somehting happening to JP, but this isn't as bad as I imagined it would be.

Glad he's ok, he's a cool dude

Anyone hear how the whole event went as a whole?

I imagine this is one of the final nails in Daniels coffin fabbing wise, how the hell are you goint to lie away soemones wheel coming apart? I realize they weren't DOT certified but still thats some [darn]!

12. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Greg Tony and Jason just left Elko Nv.
    They called me this morning round 8:00 and said they were in town. I met them at Mcdonalds for a good healthy breakfast /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    They were all in good shape /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And after Greg picked up a new tire for his trailer they hit the road.
    It was great meeting those guys and checking out their rigs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I dont think I would want to be running those Daniels USA 6x6 wheels. I checked out the broken one Jason had /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    In my opinnion they were Bad /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Kind of sloppy welds no penatration /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I would definatly think twice or more about running them. I could see having problems with the bead lock part on the highway. But broken welds are just bad workmanship.

***** /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Holy Smokes /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif This is my 2000th post****
    Fron Blubie to Post Whore in less than 2 weeks /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well since I have a $500 off certificate, I might still buy them and then work on them rewelding themt he make sure they are safe. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well since I have a $500 off certificate, I might still buy them and then work on them rewelding themt he make sure they are safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you give this asshat one cent of your money you are crazy. you will probably never get what you ordered and if you do it will be a set of out of round POS wheels that fall apart, as we have seen above.

i buddy of mine arrange to have him donate a set of wheels for a auto shop class he was working with, and wouldn't you know it he backed out after comiting.
    it was some excuse about have to recall all of his tubed recentered hummer wheels /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif he has sold due to the facty that they are POS' of sh!t. and don't even get me started on those so called 2 piece incert things. holly cow those are a bad car wreck waiting to happen.

this fella if a clown and a crook and he will steal you blind.

the only this i would hope to do with that $500 gift it to try to get a set or 2 of stock hummer wheels. and get somebody who knows what they are doing to recenter them.

14. HarryH3

[ QUOTE ]
    To clarify, he runs the DANIEL"S USA6x6 modified hummer bead locks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yet another example of Daniel's backyard booger welded junk! I wouldn't buy a friggin' keychain from that loser. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Harry, you shy guy you! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. HarryH3

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

About the wheel situation. Yes the wheel fell apart and came off the truck but it wasn't too bad. The locking hub held the tire and part of the wheel on the truck enough to get me off the road.

Daniel called me this morning to see what happened and is taking care of the situation. I was quite impressed with how quickly he called and with what he had to offer. I give him a /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yeah you almost kill a guy with your product and gee how the giving just flows up inside of you, hahahaha

Glad you're ok, TP tube

19. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Glad you're ok, TP tube

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

So what is Daniel going to do for you?