Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the eagle has landed.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Mar 3, 2005.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

its official, I have a running welder. lol. took me forever and day to finally get around to getting it installed, but I got 'er in and tested it out. Doesn't get much more manly than fusing steel.. i welded two old brackets I had laying around together. Im sure its a crap weld, but I don't care... Im hella psyched. :D I'll be practicing every day after work until I feel confident and then its time to go to town with the K5. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: woo-hoooo!!!! :cool1:

j

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

:woot: It is nice to have a welder!

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Im sure it will be. A few more tools and I'll really be able to do some cool stuff that I previously would have had to pay someone $$ to do. Just need to get proficient with it and then its AWWWNNN!! :D

j

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

What kinda welder did you get?

I got the promig 135.... Just bought a new chop saw last night, Now i need a torch and a Bender... Oh yea i also need to get some Gas hooked up to my welder.. Im not a big fan of Flux core wire..

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

congrads dude. I think I would go nuts if i didnt have a welder. It is one of those things it takes practive to make better welds like anything else. hell mine arent usually prety but they work good. thats the biggest thing